News Article: Training camp ongoing. Camp discussion part 2

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yes...I heard it mentioned a few times over the course of the past few weeks. I was bouncing back and forth between radio programs so cant recall specifically who reported it but I know I heard it more than once.
Someone quoted Caggiula saying he landed here and two days later he was sick and it just snowballed from there. Might've been a tidbit in Gregor's blog

Reactions: guymez

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Thought I heard right from the team he had been battling a sinus infection. However, every pre-season there's been some kind of excuse for him.

Yeah. Remember his first preseason when he made the team and then he pretended to be injured for the first dozen regular season games so he wouldn't have to play?

Classic Caggiula!

And then last year when he had 5 points in 5 games. I think his excuse for that was he wanted to make the team.

What a Maroon!

Last edited:

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
All this talk the last couple of days about opening night roster and the fact that Russell probably is healthy enough to go.
All media suggesting another trip (paper or not) for Bear to AHL, or
sneak Caggs on th IR because of his sinus. We all know Buchards' not going anywhere yet so that options out.

There is another option. What do you all think of keeping Russell on IR for opening game then figure it out once back in NA? Surely we can handle one game with our newly signed #7 no?

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
I wonder if there will be a time at some point where they roll out all the big guns on one line.

RNH - McDavid - Drai
Lucic - Strome - Pulji
Yamamoto -Khaira- Rattie
Cagguila - Brodziak - Kassian

It would be interesting to see.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I wonder if there will be a time at some point where they roll out all the big guns on one line.

RNH - McDavid - Drai
Lucic - Strome - Pulji
Yamamoto -Khaira- Rattie

Wouldn't surprise me to see that top line out in the final few minutes if we're down a goal

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

RNH - McDavid - Drai
Lucic - Strome - Pulji
Yamamoto -Khaira- Rattie

McLellan should have tried that in preseason. He didnt even give RNH a game at C or Drai a game away from Lucic.
Pre season was a time to experiment but McLellan stuck to the lines from last year because it was easy.

I would like to see a 3rd line of Khaira-RNH-Puljujarvi as it may out produce both the 1st and 2nd lines.

Lucic-McD-Rat
Strome-Drai-Yama\Toby

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018

RNH - McDavid - Drai
Lucic - Strome - Pulji
Yamamoto -Khaira- Rattie

We didn't pay Drai 8.5 mil per to ride shotgun to McDavid.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
We didn't pay Drai 8.5 mil per to ride shotgun to McDavid.
better to ride shot gun than have him huff and puff the season away.
Kessel is making 8M per and gets to ride shotgun with Malkin. If Drai can score 92 pts like Kessel playing RW then its all good. RNH or Strome will just have to be our Crosby :/

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
better to ride shot gun than have him huff and puff the season away.
Kessel is making 8M per and gets to ride shotgun with Malkin. If Drai can score 92 pts like Kessel playing RW then its all good. RNH or Strome will just have to be our Crosby :/
Pitts win their last Cup with Crosby, Malkin and Kessel on different lines...

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
McLellan should have tried that in preseason. He didnt even give RNH a game at C or Drai a game away from Lucic.
Pre season was a time to experiment but McLellan stuck to the lines from last year because it was easy.

I would like to see a 3rd line of Khaira-RNH-Puljujarvi as it may out produce both the 1st and 2nd lines.

Lucic-McD-Rat
Strome-Drai-Yama\Toby
Of course that line might out produce our other lines, those are terrible lines you put together lol. You make McDavids line substantially worse and you don't just put Strome on wing where he plays worse, you put him on the opposite wing lol

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006

Lucic-McD-Rat
Strome-Drai-Yama\Toby
There is zero reason to break up nuge-mcd-rattie. The only proven line we have. Mess with lines 2-4 with any combination of players 4-12 and maybe we'll have two lines producing for the first time in years.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
There is zero reason to break up nuge-mcd-rattie. The only proven line we have. Mess with lines 2-4 with any combination of players 4-12 and maybe we'll have two lines producing for the first time in years.
its not really breaking but adding options. McLellan should have experimented especially when the 2nd line was not clicking during preseason.
RNH should have been given a game as C because at some point during the 82 games this season he will be moved off the wing. He also should have tried a winger cheaper than RNH with McD since McD is going to produce regardless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad