News Article: Training camp ongoing. Camp discussion part 2

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
ROFL Toronto lost Pickard and Curtis McElhinney on waivers. Guess they only got Sparks to fill in that role now hahaha.

Who'd they go too?

Edit: Disregard, I got my lazy ass fingers to do the work. Carolina for CM and Philly got CP.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Apparently they sent Starrett overseas because Montoya is expecting a baby in the family... that's what McLellan said in one of the pre/post game interviews that I listened to... so the Oilers may indeed have been a little lucky sending Montoya down early and not having him picked off waivers.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Apparently they sent Starrett overseas because Montoya is expecting a baby in the family... that's what McLellan said in one of the pre/post game interviews that I listened to... so the Oilers may indeed have been a little lucky sending Montoya down early and not having him picked off waivers.
That also helps with the whole "we are screwing him over" theory.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Even TSN was talking down the Oilers coaching staff tonight. Talking about how they look like they haven't changed the PP and Pk and have all lefties, etc.

Reactions: PulYou

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
TMac says that he believes Khaira, Larsson and Russell should play in the opener.

None of them will play today though.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I'm not a big believer in Oilersfan1991 on twitter, but I find while many rumor mongers while wrong about trades, not many bother to lie about illness stuff. Just wondering if anyone else heard Caggiula was ill through most of the pre-season.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'm not a big believer in Oilersfan1991 on twitter, but I find while many rumor mongers while wrong about trades, not many bother to lie about illness stuff. Just wondering if anyone else heard Caggiula was ill through most of the pre-season.

Yes...I heard it mentioned a few times over the course of the past few weeks. I was bouncing back and forth between radio programs so cant recall specifically who reported it but I know I heard it more than once.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond

Yeah, McLellan mentioned it specifically in one of his recent pressers...said something about Caggiula was just now getting back to good health.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Thought I heard right from the team he had been battling a sinus infection. However, every pre-season there's been some kind of excuse for him.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Thought I heard right from the team he had been battling a sinus infection. However, every pre-season there's been some kind of excuse for him.

Those suck, they affect your breathing big time. And you get to shoot snot rockets all day long.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
TSN predicts the Oilers to finish 4th in the Pacific and make the playoffs as the second Wild Card.
That's probably the if everything goes right prediction right now. I see us missing the playoffs this year and squeezing in next year with a new head coach.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
That's probably the if everything goes right prediction right now. I see us missing the playoffs this year and squeezing in next year with a new head coach.

To flip the switch and play optimist, I disagree. If literally everything goes right from here on out we're Pacific division Champs or close behind the Sharks. That of course means absolutely everything, like Klef looking like 16-17 Klef, Nurse, Pulju, Yamamoto, Khaira etc all taking steps forward and our power play getting fixed. But if that somehow happens this team is a legit contender, much like 16-17.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad