OT: Training camp info (question)

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
This year I'm finally going to training camp (most likely 1 practice + the red white game).
I'm buying my tickets tomorrow, and have a question that hopefully someone who's been there before can help me with. Should I go with bleacher seats in either section A or E, or go with second level Mezzanine seats? and for the practice is standing room worth it to save 20 bucks? (I'm paying for 2 people)

I'm really excited, and hope to maybe meet some other posters from here.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This year I'm finally going to training camp (most likely 1 practice + the red white game).
I'm buying my tickets tomorrow, and have a question that hopefully someone who's been there before can help me with. Should I go with bleacher seats in either section A or E, or go with second level Mezzanine seats? and for the practice is standing room worth it to save 20 bucks? (I'm paying for 2 people)

Sorry I wish I could help you, but I have still never been to a training camp in person.

So Bump, let's see if we can get some help, I know a few people have talked about this in the past. You could search the old threads. @Heaton appears to have been there.

Here is an old one
GDT: - Red Wings Training Camp 2015

Reactions: WesNichols14

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills

Mezzanine is the way to go, standing room should be fine if you get there early.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I've gone every year since they started going to Centre Ice. I used to live across the street (just moved to Florida a couple months ago). Any seat you get will be fine since it's a small complex. The past few years I've sat at sections J or K for the games because I like to be up close, but if you're looking for a "bird's eye" view go for the Mezzanine as it offers the best view of the ice with an ease of access. But @Konnan511, why not sit in the center on the bleachers for the best view? You're going to have dick all of a time using the restroom or getting food in those sections (parents let their kids sit on the stairs, people will snipe your seat the moment you leave).

Try to avoid standing room, you're going to be miserable fighting people for a view in a cramped space and heaven forbid if you have to use the bathroom or leave for any reason, your "good" spot, is now gone forever.

Hope this helps, and if you have any others questions let me know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad