Training camp fan advice?

vannzee

Ruslan Salei fan...
Dec 18, 2010
S.E Michigan
Next month I will be going up to Traverse City for the Red Wings training camp.

I have been there before for the prospect tournament as well as the development camp. However, this will be my first training camp.

We already have tickets.

Does anyone have any stories or advice? I would like to attempt to get autographs before or after practice.

Unfortunately, most of the bigger names will not be there due to the World Cup.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Next month I will be going up to Traverse City for the Red Wings training camp.

I have been there before for the prospect tournament as well as the development camp. However, this will be my first training camp.

We already have tickets.

Does anyone have any stories or advice? I would like to attempt to get autographs before or after practice.

Unfortunately, most of the bigger names will not be there due to the World Cup.

I have gone to almost every TC since 2006, it's a fantastic time. You can wait near the parking lot to get tickets, it should be pretty easy but a lot of people stand there for hours. You can also see players at restaurants and downtown, but I'm not keen on approaching players in public.

Another cool thing is the celebrity game on that Saturday, you can probably get some autographs from some other alumni type player.

vannzee

Ruslan Salei fan...
Dec 18, 2010
S.E Michigan
I have gone to almost every TC since 2006, it's a fantastic time. You can wait near the parking lot to get tickets, it should be pretty easy but a lot of people stand there for hours. You can also see players at restaurants and downtown, but I'm not keen on approaching players in public.

Another cool thing is the celebrity game on that Saturday, you can probably get some autographs from some other alumni type player.

I believe this years alumni celebrity game is on Monday so I will miss that to return from the weekend for work.

Thank you for your tips.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I believe this years alumni celebrity game is on Monday so I will miss that to return from the weekend for work.

Thank you for your tips.

It's on Saturday night, the Red and White game is on Monday. When I said wait outside to get tickets, I meant to say autographs.

vannzee

Ruslan Salei fan...
Dec 18, 2010
S.E Michigan
It's on Saturday night, the Red and White game is on Monday. When I said wait outside to get tickets, I meant to say autographs.

I knew what you meant lol. Curious as to why I didnt get alumni game tickets when I was there for development camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad