Training Camp 2016-17 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
As per the camp kick off video the roster will be split into 3 groups..
Group A and B will be playing each other on Sat and Sun to get ready for split squad pre season game.

Guessing Group C would be the fillers.

KenLinsemanFanClub

Sorry State
Nov 26, 2003
Isle of Van
Why in the world did they invite an undersized 34 year old, who last played in the NHL in 2010, to camp on a PTO? I'm sure there must be a reason but it's beyond me.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
As per the camp kick off video the roster will be split into 3 groups..
Group A and B will be playing each other on Sat and Sun to get ready for split squad pre season game.

Guessing Group C would be the fillers.
Thanks for this. Was wondering how it would be split. So does practice/scrimmage start tomorrow?

Chuba

Jan 26, 2007
So Mcdavid and nuge will be back this weekend to practice with the team?? I hope I will see them on Monday at Rogers place

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Why in the world did they invite an undersized 34 year old, who last played in the NHL in 2010, to camp on a PTO? I'm sure there must be a reason but it's beyond me.

He's always had great numbers in the AHL, and good numbers in the KHL for the last few seasons. Might want to try and get him to help out in Bakersfield after he eventually gets cut from the big squad.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Ryan Vesce.

I had assumed they just invited him to get some semi-NHL quality competition in camp with the potential that RNH, Drai, and McDavid could have missed the first half of camp. I doubt its anything more than that, as I'm sure he's not going to be looking for an AHL deal after just putting up 33pts in 40 games in the KHL.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Ryan Vesce.

I had assumed they just invited him to get some semi-NHL quality competition in camp with the potential that RNH, Drai, and McDavid could have missed the first half of camp. I doubt its anything more than that, as I'm sure he's not going to be looking for an AHL deal after just putting up 33pts in 40 games in the KHL.

The guy has to know that there's no room for him, even on the ****** team we typically put together from year to year at the bottom of the league every year.

I'm assuming he got sick of the borscht and is okay with settling in California for a year.

RebuildTheRebuild

Apr 27, 2013
Does anyone have a link or a list of the Oilers training camp roster. I looked under the Oilers active roster list but it seemed to be missing a bunch of people like the guys on PTOs.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
The guy has to know that there's no room for him, even on the ****** team we typically put together from year to year at the bottom of the league every year.

I'm assuming he got sick of the borscht and is okay with settling in California for a year.

Maybe, but he'd be taking a massive pay cut, which for a guy his age wouldn't be the smartest thing to do. He doesn't have a lot of years left in him as a hockey player.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

What a loaded question Jones asked Larsson...paraphrasing, but basically "Have you being treated like **** and been the victim of public shaming and/or embarssment yet by the fans you've met around the city who are still bent out of shape about the trade or are they pretending to be nice to you?"

Of course he didn't ask it that way but holy ****, he might as well have.

You could almost see Larsson's body language change as he was likely thinking "Did this jackass really just ask that?"...and he totally side-steps the question :laugh:.

Atta kid Adam!!!:handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad