New York Islanders: Training Camp 2: Train Harder

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Actually had to search...I was always under the impression that Windsor was a boy's name, but it's not. Thanks for the learning lesson Matt, lol.

I read a book series from Harlen Coben when I was younger (it starts with Deal Breaker) where one of the cooler characters is a preppy dude name Windsor. He was also a crazy trained assassin of sorts.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Maybe someone's already mentioned this, but Martin was born in... Windsor, Ontario.

Kinda makes me think he's never going back so he's honoring his roots.

Reactions: LeapOnOver and SI90

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Maybe someone's already mentioned this, but Martin was born in... Windsor, Ontario.

Kinda makes me think he's never going back so he's honoring his roots.

Well you made me dig deeper into the rabbit hole. Turns out Windsor was chosen in homage to a town in England called Windsor, home to the famous Windsor Castle. It comes from windles-ore which is old English for winch by the riverside.

Now if I was a cultured asshole, I would change it to wench by the riverside and make fun of that poor girl through her schooling years. But I'm not cultured so I'll leave it alone.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Well you made me dig deeper into the rabbit hole. Turns out Windsor was chosen in homage to a town in England called Windsor, home to the famous Windsor Castle. It comes from windles-ore which is old English for winch by the riverside.

Now if I was a cultured asshole, I would change it to wench by the riverside and make fun of that poor girl through her schooling years. But I'm not cultured so I'll leave it alone.
:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad