New York Islanders: Training Camp 2: Train Harder

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
So with the Isles opening their facility and some players skating I figure let's put all the Camp related thing here.

AFAIK, it was just Martin, Clutter, Greiss and the Goat but I'm sure it'll grow as the days go by.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Full list of players so far.

We've heard about a third of the Islanders remained on Long Island after the shut down, here's the group from the first informal practice.

Bailey, Cal Clutterbuck, Matt Martin, Thomas Greiss, Scott Mayfield, Devon Toews and Christopher Gibson. Staple mentioned Boychuk and Hickey both live on Long Island so I'd guess they'll join at some point soon. Maybe Greene will come and skate too, even if he's living in New Jersey. I think these skates are going to be really important for teams.

Reactions: Riseonfire

Riseonfire

Nov 8, 2009
Would love to see Pageau here training but as I understand it he's in Canada right now still.

Riseonfire

Nov 8, 2009
I wonder how long it will take Sorokin to get here and play. A week? Two?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I wonder how long it will take Sorokin to get here and play. A week? Two?

Physically to get to the states probably just a week for the visa process and paperwork, but he will need to quarantine for at least 2 weeks and pass 3 COVID tests before even entering Northwell. When he will be allowed to go to Toronto and enter the bubble is probably another few weeks after that.

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
If you figure a week to get here with visa and travel, and two weeks of quarantine, best case he could meet the team up in Toronto? Its less than 3 weeks until Game 1.

Riseonfire

Nov 8, 2009
Staple made an interesting comment.... Do the isles waste 1/31 spots on Sorokin, a player who can't play?

IDK if he ever makes it to Toronto or training camp...

Reactions: SI90

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
Staple made an interesting comment.... Do the isles waste 1/31 spots on Sorokin, a player who can't play?

I don’t see why not. It would at least get him some NHL experience and it’s not like he’ll be taking up a spot that we could use for someone who could contribute. The way I see it, if we’re in trouble because of our 31st player then it means we’re probably not making it far anyway.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Leddy is still out, that's concerning a bit

I don't know if this is blasphemous to say - but I may prefer a rested Andy Greene in the lineup to Leddy in a playoff atmosphere. Dude just seemed to fit in to the system perfectly and could make sense to have another captain's presence in the lineup. Leddy did happen to be on a SC winning team - but he was 22 and went -8. You can play Toews on one PP and Pulock on the other

Pelech - Pulock
Toews - Mayfield
Greene - Boychuk

JRD76

Aug 11, 2013

They're allowed unlimited goalies. It's not a wasted spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad