Movies: Train to Busan

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Just watching this now and it's great. Anyone who likes zombie movies at all should check this one out. It's Korean but it's still great even with subtitles

They just added it to Netflix, anyone else check it out?

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
Yup, interesting premise...probably one of the better recent zombie flicks I've seen.
They also had an animated prequel that gave a little more back story on the outbreak

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
This was far better movie then World War Z

Went in with low expectations and loved it

Easily one of the best foreign horror movie I have seen

EASILY better than that turd WWZ. Similar zombies, but far better made. Liked the performances, and the tight environment added a sense of claustrophobia to the proceedings (which is usually what makes zombies work in the first place, as far as I am concerned).

Though I must say, in terms of Korean horror films, I must give another recommendation from 2016:

upload_2017-10-22_3-8-59.jpeg

My personal favorite film of 2016, and quite possibly the finest horror film I've ever seen. It has flaws and has some room for interpretation, but talk about an emotionally draining picture.

ratmanfu

Jun 23, 2004
Hendersonville, NC
EASILY better than that turd WWZ. Similar zombies, but far better made. Liked the performances, and the tight environment added a sense of claustrophobia to the proceedings (which is usually what makes zombies work in the first place, as far as I am concerned).

Though I must say, in terms of Korean horror films, I must give another recommendation from 2016:

View attachment 80859

My personal favorite film of 2016, and quite possibly the finest horror film I've ever seen. It has flaws and has some room for interpretation, but talk about an emotionally draining picture.

I've seen The Wailing twice and it just hits on almost every level.

Train To Busan is an excellent zombie film. Am curious to find out what other Korean film gems there are out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad