OT: Train hits OC transpo bus in Barrhaven

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
Wow, hope I don't know anyone that was on the bus. Thoughts go out to people affected by this.

Milan the God*

'Via Rail', 'OC Transpo' and 'Ottawa' are all trending worldwide on twitter...

JustinYS

Oct 21, 2010
According to witnesses, the train barrier was down. If that's right, how could this have happened?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Heard about this too. First thought was 'how??' but now just hoping all those that survived make it through and just terrible feelings for the families of those that didn't. This is the kind of thing that should never, ever happen.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I was speaking with a colleague in the UK on the phone and he asked me if I heard about a bus-train collision in Canada's capital...

How about that global information environment...

Terrible to be noteworthy for a tragedy like this.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Pretty crazy and tragic my bus passed there 3 hrs before. I didn't find out until my mom called me from Montreal to make sure I was ok. Got to love moms!

Stone Valley

A State of Trance
Jan 19, 2010
Ottawa
www.youtube.com
tslc.jpg

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Ashley Burke
@CBCAshleyBurke
Mother just got bad news at scene of #VIARail /OC Transpo crash. Walks towards taxi in tears. #cbcott #ottnews

mattsens

Jun 22, 2011
Ottawa
From what I can gather, it sounds like the train was already on the tracks and the barrier was down. The bus seemingly rammed through the barrier and hit the train. People on the bus were apparently yelling at the driver to stop. I'm hoping it was brake failure or a medical condition with the driver or something. Something not intentional.

This is all assumptions based on eye-witnesses so we'll see what the real facts are in time.

Milan the God*

From what I can gather, it sounds like the train was already on the tracks and the barrier was down. The bus seemingly rammed through the barrier and hit the train. People on the bus were apparently yelling at the driver to stop. I'm hoping it was brake failure or a medical condition with the driver or something. Something not intentional.

This is all assumptions based on eye-witnesses so we'll see what the real facts are in time.

I'm pretty sure I heard one of the people dead is the bus driver.

shootingrubber

Oct 7, 2010
If the bus driver did it intentionally then shame on him. I guess during the course of the investigation they will see if the bus had any mechanical failure or if the bus driver had any sort of medical condition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad