'Tragic' polar bear kept at Chinese mall 'for selfies,' group says

JA

Heartbreaking. Polar bears live up to 30 years. This bear is being starved of the life it could have lived. Instead, it's rotting in a lonely, enclosed space.

The thing lives in a tiny box.

polar-bear-china-zoo-mc.jpg

There's also a wolf there.

980x.jpg

All that they can do is wait until they're dead. That is a horrible life to live. They aren't stupid creatures.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
That bear looked very depressed. I guess they have their food to look forward to, but that's about it. I imagine the wolf and bear are in separate enclosures. Otherwise the bear might eat the wolf.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
That's unfortunate.

Probably too late to save it now, though....depending on how long it's been in captivity (I didn't watch the video), sending it back into the wild would likely be a death warrant as it would be incapable of fending for itself.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
That's unfortunate.

Probably too late to save it now, though....depending on how long it's been in captivity (I didn't watch the video), sending it back into the wild would likely be a death warrant as it would be incapable of fending for itself.

It's almost always too late to send captive animals back to the wild. They need specialized, hands off training to even have a chance and very few people have the skills to do that.

Still, putting it in a zoo would be a massive improvement for its quality of life, especially a large zoo with the ability to provide quality enrichment programs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad