Tragic news

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
A 20 year old having a heart attack?

Can we get a doctor here to explain how that even happens? You hear one in a million young people with cancer but heart attack I’ve never heard of.

Terrible news

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
A 20 year old having a heart attack?

Can we get a doctor here to explain how that even happens? You hear one in a million young people with cancer but heart attack I’ve never heard of.

Terrible news

It actually happens quite frequently.

In US college sports a lot of schools require heart screening of their athletes to try to detect any abnormalities.

I personally knew 2 otherwise healthy 19yr old athletes that died. 1 on the ice and one dropped dead in the shower. Both heart attacks.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
It must happen. A kid died skating on outdoor rink in saskatchewan early this year for no apparent reason.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Mickey Renaud had Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, which is a thickening of the heart muscles, forcing the heart to work harder to pump blood. It's a pretty common cause of sudden heart failure in younger athletes. It goes undetected because symptoms can be rare.

Peachkings1922

Aug 13, 2022
Grimsby
So sad to see any 20 yr old die from something as tragic as a heart attack. I feel for the family and loved ones just horrible for anyone to adjust 💔. My sincere condolences.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad