Speculation: Trading the 1st overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I'd vote yes.

Are you kidding me? That's hilariously lopsided.

The difference between Eichel and McDavid isn't that wide. Think Ovechkin vs Malkin.

6 God

Jul 12, 2013
No because if McDavid vaults Buffalo to a top 15 team, then Eichel and a plethora of late first rounders isn't what I want.

If it's Eichel, Risto, and Reinhart then yes.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
That is definitely a good return.. if Buffalo keeps sucking..

But there is no passing on McDavid at this point. The McDavid name is printing money for the Oilers already. Daryl Katz see's his franchise value going through the roof.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
no...simply for the optics

the package is lopsided for the Oilers cause Eichel is great and its most likely a top-5 pick in 2016 as well next year (along with the others) but ZERO chance I'd make this year

McDavid is going to make Katz even richer and the fans may burn down Rexall is they traded him

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
Would you do this trade? Personally I would have to say hell yes.

"One guy from Buffalo told us that the Sabres offered the 2nd overall pick, their 2nd 2015 first round pick, a 2016 first round pick, and a 2017 first round pick to move up one spot".

http://www.draftutopia.com/2015nhlmockdraft.html

Nope.

I take the franchaise player and call it a day.

We already have a better 1st round pick(16th) and the rest..meh.
We don't need more 'future' draft picks.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
We should take this quote seriously.

One guy from Buffalo has never steered me wrong before.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
We need a third option besides yes or no, something along the lines of no g*d d@mned f***ing way

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
In order for me to trade Mcdavid you'd have to convince me that the package coming back would help us win more Stanley Cups then Mcdavid potentially could over his career. I don't think this package guarantees that.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
In order for me to trade Mcdavid you'd have to convince me that the package coming back would help us win more Stanley Cups then Mcdavid potentially could over his career. I don't think this package guarantees that.

In order for me to trade McDavid, I'd have to know that I was handicapping the other team through their roster as well. It's to make sure that those draft picks stay high. If they're dumb enough to carry through with it, I'd gladly trade Buffalo the 1st overall for:

Eichel, 2015 1st, 2016 1st, 2017 1st, Ristolainen/Zadarov and Evander Kane.

They'd never do it, but it's the only way I'm doing it.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Buffalo never even interviewed McDavid. They are picking Eichel and that is the only option they are looking at right now. There is no trade happening for McDavid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad