Proposal: Trading Ehlers

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
The Sabres are looking for D, not to trade D.

Also: Ristolainen seems to be what many incorrectly think Byfuglien is--an utter defensive liability who can score.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Don't you dare touch the bromance!

We leave ehlers out of this he's not the guy to trade

If anything we move connor later on

Think about moving buff and/or Myers first before you start moving your future stars

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Well Chevy pretty much confirmed that he has 0 interest in trading Ehlers during his interview with LeBrun. Mentioned him specifically along with Laine as non starters for a trade. Nice to hear as I personally think they should hang on to Ehlers.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Well Chevy pretty much confirmed that he has 0 interest in trading Ehlers during his interview with LeBrun. Mentioned him specifically along with Laine as non starters for a trade. Nice to hear as I personally think they should hang on to Ehlers.

I would trade Laine, Ehlers and Petan* for McDavid.

*The obligatory Petan trade inclusion.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
We leave ehlers out of this he's not the guy to trade

If anything we move connor later on

Think about moving buff and/or Myers first before you start moving your future stars

Some people think Connor will develop into a better player than Ehlers. Like you say, don't be trading the younger players of that caliber.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Sabres make out like bandits in this trade. No thank you.

Buffalo wouldn't do it either.
Risto is not available or otherwise they have only garbage on defense.

The Sabres are looking for D, not to trade D.

Also: Ristolainen seems to be what many incorrectly think Byfuglien is--an utter defensive liability who can score.

They play differently.
Risto probably had the toughest role in the NHL last season thanks to Bylsma at 22y.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
They play differently.
Risto probably had the toughest role in the NHL last season thanks to Bylsma at 22y.

That might be true. We should see this year, I 'spose.

What is this horrifying idea?

Jets fans panicking and calling for a terrible move.

The Jets don't even have much of a hole at D but I guess Peter Chiarelli made it really cool to get absolutely hosed on trades for okay defencemen.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

If Chevy were to trade Ehlers they would both be on the same plane out of here!

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Where did this trade Ehlers stuff come from?

If he is traded for anybody not named McDavid.... I might just have to cheer for some other team.

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles

If he is traded for anybody not named McDavid.... I might just have to cheer for some other team.

Not sure... But based of Chevy's latest interview I would say there is close to 0% chance Ehlers or any of our other young stars for that matter are going anywhere.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Not sure... But based of Chevy's latest interview I would say there is close to 0% chance Ehlers or any of our other young stars for that matter are going anywhere.

honestly did we need to hear him say anything.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015

Idea kind of stemmed from the quest to land a blue chip defenseman. Kind of evolved from there....

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg

So glad to hear that, I love watching Ehlers play! I doubt I'd want to trade him even if the trade was massively in our favour!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad