Trading Desharnais...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastChancePrice

Dec 12, 2004
Ok, we know for sure that Desharnais value atm is very low. So the only way, if MB decide to trade him, is to get a player than have similar problem, and probably similar salary cap. And this time, unless its a surprise again, MB wont be able to pull a Cole vs Ryder trade. So what are the options?

- Tomas Kopecky FLA. Tallon was supposed to be in Montreal (rumor) last week. Kopecky got a 3 million cap space. But the problem is that Desharnais got 2 year more of contract compare to Kopecky. I think MB would have to add something.Kopecky no points in 12 games.

- Chris Stewart STL. Stewart command a higher cap salary, but again, 2 year shorter. 2 assists in 10 games.

Other options of player commanding 3 to 5 millions cap space and having bad start are:

- David Booth, Drew Stafford, Brooks Laich, Paul Gaustad, Stephen Weiss, Martin Erat, Scotty Upshall, Dainus Zubrus, Shwn Horcoff.

So we can realise we are not the only one who got overpaid player that give us nothing at all.

So, which one do you think the Habs should make a move to trade Desharnais ?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Ok, we know for sure that Desharnais value atm is very low. So the only way, if MB decide to trade him, is to get a player than have similar problem, and probably similar salary cap. And this time, unless its a surprise again, MB wont be able to pull a Cole vs Ryder trade. So what are the options?

- Tomas Kopecky FLA. Tallon was supposed to be in Montreal (rumor) last week. Kopecky got a 3 million cap space. But the problem is that Desharnais got 2 year more of contract compare to Kopecky. I think MB would have to add something.Kopecky no points in 12 games.

- Chris Stewart STL. Stewart command a higher cap salary, but again, 2 year shorter. 2 assists in 10 games.

Other options of player commanding 3 to 5 millions cap space and having bad start are:

- David Booth, Drew Stafford, Brooks Laich, Paul Gaustad, Stephen Weiss, Martin Erat, Scotty Upshall, Dainus Zubrus, Shwn Horcoff.

So we can realise we are not the only one who got overpaid player that give us nothing at all.

So, which one do you think the Habs should make a move to trade Desharnais ?

I'd be satisfied if the Habs could get a 7th round pick or a used water bottle if a 7th pick is too much for the other team. Unfortunately I think the Habs will be stuck with him for a while yet.. :cry:

LastChancePrice

Dec 12, 2004
I'd be satisfied if the Habs could get a 7th round pick or a used water bottle if a 7th pick is too much for the other team. Unfortunately I think the Habs will be stuck with him for a while yet.. :cry:

Hes not worth a pick atm imo. No team in the league would want to add 3.5m cap space for his production. So only way to move him is to trade him for someone who got similar problem.

But...we never know... we got Ryder for Cole last year, and i dont know how MB pull that off again....

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
His trade value imo is not 'very low' it's non-existent. The players you mentioned above can be shuffled around the line-up in some capacity and are all over 5'6.

David Desharnais is one-dimensional. If he's not on your top 2 lines he is useless. If he's on your bottom 2 he seems super useless. We'll see if putting Pacioretty/Bourque does anything but he and the team are running out of ideas.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Only chance we have is if Cirque du Soleil comes calling for a canonball midget.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
think about it. if desharnais was playing with another team, would you be interested in a 5'5" 140lbs center with 1 point in 13 games playing 17 minutes a game? the answer is NO. I don't expect any team is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia