GDT: Trades & Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
I don’t think any contender is giving Edmundson 4.5 million. I can see Edmundson willing to take a bit of a discount in order to sign a long term deal, something around 3 million per on a 4 year deal with limit NTC. I also only do this if him and Liljegren work really well together.

Rielly (7.5) - ________
Benoit (1.35) - McCabe (2)
Edmundson (3) - Liljegren (2.5)

I’d then aim for Roy, 5.5 x 5 type deal.
I really like Edmundson and I'm glad to have him onboard for this playoff run as I think he's going to be extremely effective, but in the long run he's a bit redundant with Benoit here. One of the two would have to play top 4 minutes where ideally they're both suited to the 3rd pair.

I'd bring him back on a one year, given his injuries I don't trust his body holding up thus I wouldn't risk handing out term, but like you said, that's most likely what Edmundson is looking for.

Reactions: Kiwi and TMLAM34

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I really like Edmundson and I'm glad to have him onboard for this playoff run as I think he's going to be extremely effective, but in the long run he's a bit redundant with Benoit here. One of the two would have to play top 4 minutes where ideally they're both suited to the 3rd pair.

I'd bring him back on a one year, given his injuries I don't trust his body holding up thus I wouldn't risk handing out term, but like you said, that's most likely what Edmundson is looking for.
I wonder what a Benoit - Edmundson pair would look like? Big, physical but poor puck handling which could make it not work.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I really like Holmberg. I think he could develop into an option, but I don't know if he'd be ready for full-time 3C duties next year.
I really hope our plan isn't Nylander at center. His playstyle works way better as a winger.
No time like the near-future.
He’s got the experience in the SEL, not a kid.
Re, Willy, fair pov.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I don’t think any contender is giving Edmundson 4.5 million. I can see Edmundson willing to take a bit of a discount in order to sign a long term deal, something around 3 million per on a 4 year deal with limit NTC. I also only do this if him and Liljegren work really well together.

Rielly (7.5) - ________
Benoit (1.35) - McCabe (2)
Edmundson (3) - Liljegren (2.5)

I’d then aim for Roy, 5.5 x 5 type deal.

Edmundson apparently has some problems with his back, he's 6'5 and around 30 years old

There's no way I'd give him term, to much risk for me

Reactions: SprDaVE

weems

Jul 3, 2008
We badly need a legit top 4 who can both create some offense but also play big minutes and be responsible defensively.

This was always a obvious need but Brodie falling off a cliff has really exposed just how weak to average our blueline is.

It's currently good enough to get you into the playoffs but definitely not good enough to win 4 playoff rounds.

Reactions: SprDaVE and TMLAM34

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
I'm hopeful new management will communicate to JT and Marner that they're going in a different direction come 2025 and honour your contracts if you'd like but we won't be renewing. Or pick your destination and play out final year elsewhere.

Auston Matthews is the only untouchable here, everyone and everything else should be on the table. I don't want to hear anything about NMCs, they're in place to protect the player from being traded to an unwanted destination. The core needed a shakeup after the 2021 Habs series, this is long, long overdue.

Visnovsky

Aug 20, 2010
Finland
We badly need a legit top 4 who can both create some offense but also play big minutes and be responsible defensively.

This was always a obvious need but Brodie falling off a cliff has really exposed just how weak to average our blueline is.

It's currently good enough to get you into the playoffs but definitely not good enough to win 4 playoff rounds.
That would be Marcus Pettersson, send something of Dubies' back to Pittsburgh (Jarnkrok+Niemelä/Hirvonen+2nd?)

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
It’s been very clear for quite some time now but goaltending needs to be near the top of the priority list.

Binnington, Jarry, Ullmark or Saros. Probably the only names who could potentially be available, you need to go out and grab one, preferably Saros.

HomelessPepper

Jul 1, 2019

Brady Skjei, very good two way guy. IMO, Leafs need to go after him hard.

Then ideally grab one of the better RHD that are available, 2 if possible (I'm open to moving Liljegren if we can sign an upgrade).

Reactions: TMLAM34

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

Then ideally grab one of the better RHD that are available, 2 if possible (I'm open to moving Liljegren if we can sign an upgrade).

Skej. Pesce
Rielly. McCabe
Benoit. Lilly would work.

I want

Rielly. Roy
McCabe Demelo
Benoit. Lilly

Would he my thought.

Reactions: HomelessPepper

HomelessPepper

Jul 1, 2019
Skej. Pesce
Rielly. McCabe
Benoit. Lilly would work.

I want

Rielly. Roy
McCabe Demelo
Benoit. Lilly

Would he my thought.
Skjei - Pesce
Rielly - DeMelo
Benoit - McCabe

*drools*

Would be hella impressive if Tre could pull that off. Frankly, 2/3 of those new guys would be awesome.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020

Part of my dream scenario this off-season would be signing Skjei and trading Liljegren in a package for Schneider.

Rielly - ________
Skjei - Schneider
Benoit - McCabe

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Part of my dream scenario this off-season would be signing Skjei and trading Liljegren in a package for Schneider.

Rielly - ________
Skjei - Schneider
Benoit - McCabe
Rielly-DiMelo
Skjei-Pesce
Benoit-McCabe

Pay a decent price for SJ to each JTs contract and sign everybody. :laugh:

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
It’s been very clear for quite some time now but goaltending needs to be near the top of the priority list.

Binnington, Jarry, Ullmark or Saros. Probably the only names who could potentially be available, you need to go out and grab one, preferably Saros.
Anyone think Brossoit or Stolarz can handle a bigger load?
Driedger a viable long-term option?

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Anyone think Brossoit or Stolarz can handle a bigger load?
Driedger a viable long-term option?
I think they can be good backup options but if your plan is to go into next season with Stolarz and Woll, don’t see how that’s an upgrade on what we have. Both those names play on good teams, numbers usually inflate a little doing so.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008

Rielly - ________
Skjei - Schneider
Benoit - McCabe
If there’s a play for Skjei, I’d rather play him with Lili. Then maybe find someone quiet to play with Mo, like Deharnais.
Lock Lili up first tho.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I think they can be good backup options but if your plan is to go into next season with Stolarz and Woll, don’t see how that’s an upgrade on what we have. Both those names play on good teams, numbers usually inflate a little doing so.
Yeah, I don’t know either guy well enough to know if they’ve kinda hit a new level and would be capable starters. I’d comb for that kinda guy, optimally who’s a free agent.
Thx for input.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Yeah, I don’t know either guy well enough to know if they’ve kinda hit a new level and would be capable starters. I’d comb for that kinda guy, optimally who’s a free agent.
Thx for input.
I like Stolarz, I wanted him a couple years ago when he played for Anaheim. Call me crazy, but I’d probably take him over Woll as a backup today.

Reactions: aingefan

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I like Stolarz, I wanted him a couple years ago when he played for Anaheim. Call me crazy, but I’d probably take him over Woll as a backup today.
I wonder if Woll will ever be durable enough to be a starter or 1a/1b. It’s a pretty big question.

Reactions: TMLAM34

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
If Marner goes for a reasonable extension

Marner for nemec and Dawson? (With extension)?

Marner for Dobson?

Marner for jiricek and sillinger?

Marner for Mctavish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad