Blue Jays Discussion: Trades for Troy Tulowitzki .. And some other guy named David Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I'd be OK with grabbing Upton and Ross for a good price. Upton has been brutal lately though, so not paying much for him.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
My Jays all star team would be (and my picks are based on their best seasons not career):

C: Martin (seriously, been watching the Jays since 5th grade, couldn't think of a catcher I'd rather have)
1B: Delgado
2B: Alomar
3B: Donaldson (100 games is good enough for me)
SS: Fernandez
LF: Bell
CF: Devon White (people that didn't watch him every day have no idea what a difference maker he was defensively)
RF: Jose Bautista
DH: Molitor
B: Carter (OF, 1B)
B: Borders (C)
B: Griffin (2B, SS, 3B)
B: Green (all three OF spots)
SP: Halladay
SP: Stieb
SP: Clemens
SP: Key
SP: Hentgen
BP: Henke
BP: Ward
BP: Koch
BP: Escobar
BP: Eichhorn
BP: Janssen
BP: BJ Ryan (need a leftie and his first season was good!)

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Must be a ticket master type of thing. I don't think they count as the secondary market which clubs from upon. If it says you can do it then just go for it. If you aren't confident in it then just get them printed. You just place the barcode under the scanner and when it goes green you're good to go through the turnstiles.

Thanks. I will be sure. Will print them in the a.m. and try my phone when we get there.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
You have to think that if the rumors are true and we are still being active in the trade market and in general starting pitching, that Hutchison would be part of the deal. Unless he would be moved to the bullpen.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
If I were him I would be running my ass off to AA's office to tell him not to trade me.

Seems unlikely they will now.

What are they really going to get for him?

And, they just added Tulo and Price. Doesn't seem like they need to save pennies.

Right now Dioner is a great insurance policy in case of an injury to Martin.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
If I were him I would be running my ass off to AA's office to tell him not to trade me.

I mean the team is better overall with both Navi and Martin. Same time you don't want Martin to get too beat up catching Dickey when Thole does it with such ease. In a playoff situation though, you want Martin to be able to catch Dickey with it fresh in his mind. Tough decisions.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So we're still active for a LF and a SP eh?

Interesting day will be tomorrow.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

We can't trade Navarro. There's absolutely nobody behind him even close to being a decent major League backup. Navarro isn't anything special and wouldn't land us anything anyway. He's much more valuable to us than he is to anyone else.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Clinton Hollon having a great start in Vancouver. 6IP, 3 hits, 1 ER, 0 BB, 5K's. Hopefully someone that'll get promoted to Lansing soon. If his stuff is as good as pre-TJS, he is someone to watch out for.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
So, you wake up tomorrow morning and find out the Jays traded for ... who?

Who would be the cherry on the top (try and be realistic, we all want Chris Sale, but let's try and stay grounded) for you?

Basic assumption, they don't give up anybody off the MLB roster.

I was thinking about it and came up with two names that would make me faint: Kimbrel or Jose Quintana.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
So, you wake up tomorrow morning and find out the Jays traded for ... who?

Who would be the cherry on the top (try and be realistic, we all want Chris Sale, but let's try and stay grounded) for you?

Basic assumption, they don't give up anybody off the MLB roster.

I was thinking about it and came up with two names that would make me faint: Kimbrel or Jose Quintana.

David Ross and Kimbrel for Hutchison, SRF, Urena and Pentecost.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Anyone else think that a reason Pompey hasn't been called up yet is because A.A thinks he may have a deal for a LF. I just can't see any reason other then that as to why he hasn't been called up yet.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Gerrado Perra and Chapman will be jays tommorow :popcorn:

Just read an executive who asked about the cost of Chapman and he said the price was "ridiculous". Chapman is a stud but he's also just a pen arm. Sure, they hold value, especially a Chapman but when I hear someone say "ridiculous" as far as the asking price, I wonder what the Reds are asking for? At least similar value to what we gave up for Price? I couldn't imagine giving away the farm for a pen arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad