Blue Jays Discussion: Trades for Troy Tulowitzki .. And some other guy named David Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Why do people act that Toronto is Iqualit or something.
Major city, great quality stuff - an amazing offensive line up, great left field. and showing that you want to go for it.

Price could resign if he gets his money etc.

Going through customs is a pain though. :sarcasm:

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
alex-anthopoulos_940-8col.jpg

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 8s8 seconds ago
Tigers working to trade Joakim Soria, as well, but source says it does not appear he is going to Jays in Price deal.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
good deal for the Jays and I would just now offer Price the same deal Scherzer has and then it becomes a great deal.

This is the time Rogers needs to step up and use their mighty financial clout. They could sign that ACE that is missing and do it before he even gets to FA.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Beeston and Athopolous have said the 5 year rule is breakable in the right sitauation. Its not 100% set in stone.

Price is gonna get paid.

Do you see the jays offering something like 200million over 8 years or so? I'll believe it when I see it

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Price is gonna get paid.

Do you see the jays offering something like 200million over 8 years or so? I'll believe it when I see it

Bigger. Think Scherzer money. Think more than Scherzer money.

Besides, we landed the Rocket way back in FA.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
blue jaaaaaaays!!!!

man if we get a legit closer we're in business. Maybe another middle rotation starter would be a nice bonus....and whatever bullpen upgrades we can find

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
David Price is a huge acquisition, I'm not a fan of trading for rentals no matter what their name is. So I'm hopeful Price will re-sign. As I've said before, I can't see AA moving both Norris and Alford if he wasn't confident that he could re-sign Price.

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
Price would be a good mentor for Stro as well. Show him how to be a professional. Price is a good guy on and off the field

LaCarriere

why can't that be the jays? I don't think AA would trade prospects at him without backing of ownership to talk extension.

When have the Jays ever handed out that kind of money?

Not to burst the bubble, but there's a real good chance Price walks.

That doesn't mean AA doesn't have some assurances from ownership that he has the approval to use all the money coming off the books From Dickey, Buehrle, Romero, Navarro, etc in the offseason to make a run at somebody else. I can't see AA selling the farm (a pretty big overpayment compared to what Cueto got) if he doesn't at least have money to spend next year.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
David Price is a huge acquisition, I'm not a fan of trading for rentals no matter what their name is. So I'm hopeful Price will re-sign. As I've said before, I can't see AA moving both Norris and Alford if he wasn't confident that he could re-sign Price.

Not sure Jays can pay Scherzer type money for him... but then again, they do have Buehrle and Dickey coming off the books. Can you imagine having him in the rotation with Stroman/Hutch/Sanchez next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad