Proposal: Trades and Tribulations no. 70 (aka no. 69, part 2!)

How many trades will Hughes make by the trading deadline (including Toffoli trade)?

• Toffoli will stand as the only trade.

Votes: 5 2.2%

Votes: 22 9.6%

Votes: 105 45.9%

Votes: 72 31.4%

Votes: 12 5.2%

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • 7 or more

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
3zzpAun.gif

W2bPhqq.gif

Prior thread is over the 1000 post limit.

Unleash your friendly fire!

4I1knes.gif

Also, please take the poll. The Hammond and McNiven deals are minor and thus were excluded from consideration. Only the Toffoli trade was counted. All other trades from now on will be part of the totals.

Last edited:

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I said 5. Because... he's already made three!

Toffoli/Hamburgler/Future Considerations

(Edit: just saw it said to exclude these. But I included them anyway. Because a trade is a trade mon esti!)

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I said 5. Because... he's already made three!

Toffoli/Hamburgler/Future Considerations

(Edit: just saw it said to exclude these. But I included them anyway. Because a trade is a trade mon esti!)

La police s'en vient t'voir, mon ta...!!! :sarcasm:

Reactions: Habs13

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Trade thread no. 70 needs far less tirades and way more trades and rumors. :nod:

This link was posted in the hockey ops thread but should be posted here as well IMO. Interview that Hughes did with Engels that was posted today. Good read.

Q and A: Canadiens GM Hughes on trade deadline, St. Louis, Price and more - Sportsnet.ca

EE: How do you view Artturi Lehkonen’s situation—a pending RFA who’s a year away from UFA, a valuable player to your team but also on deck for a contract that could crowd your bottom-six forward group with another pricey player if you keep him?

KH: We’re not trying to trade him right now. I think I’ve said that about a number of players on our team. We’re not trying to trade them, but that doesn’t mean we wouldn’t receive phone calls with regards to them. And if something happens…

We weren’t specifically trying to trade Tyler Toffoli, either; it just materialized, through a conversation, with a deal we thought made sense for us and Calgary thought made sense for them.

I think I said it before; we’re not looking to do a fire sale here. And the more time we have to evaluate our group and make intelligent decisions, the better off we are.

EE: Are you trying to trade Shea Weber?

KH: Are we trying to trade him? No. We’ve had phone calls. There’s a lot of speculation and rumours.

I’ve read all kinds of things of we have scouts in different buildings. If they are, I’m not aware of it. There’s probably a lot out there that’s not necessarily accurate.

McPhees Moustache

Dec 11, 2021
Calgary
Trade thread no. 70 needs far less tirades and way more trades and rumors. :nod:

This link was posted in the hockey ops thread but should be posted here as well IMO. Interview that Hughes did with Engels that was posted today. Good read.

Q and A: Canadiens GM Hughes on trade deadline, St. Louis, Price and more - Sportsnet.ca
Really liked Hughes response when asked about free agency :
"I don’t see us going after the biggest fish in the sea in free agency. If we’re talking about a (seven-year) max contract, I don’t think that’s what we’re looking to do here. But we’ll go into free agency with the objective of trying to accomplish certain things with our team that are going to match our overall plan."

Seen a few suggestions around here about signing Kadri/Giroux/etc. to big free agent deals and trying to compete next year. I think this hopefully puts that idea to rest - hold off on any big UFA signings until we're actually back into our competitive window (not before summer 2023 at the earliest)

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Really liked Hughes response when asked about free agency :
"I don’t see us going after the biggest fish in the sea in free agency. If we’re talking about a (seven-year) max contract, I don’t think that’s what we’re looking to do here. But we’ll go into free agency with the objective of trying to accomplish certain things with our team that are going to match our overall plan."

Seen a few suggestions around here about signing Kadri/Giroux/etc. to big free agent deals and trying to compete next year. I think this hopefully puts that idea to rest - hold off on any big UFA signings until we're actually back into our competitive window (not before summer 2023 at the earliest)

Yeah he wasn't gonna give too much info on what his plans really are but if that quote is accurate and they won't over spend on a max term UFA contract it should maybe ease a few minds around here. But we'll see what happens once the UFA silly season finally opens.

Reactions: Habs13

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
4 IMO, Toffoli plus Lehkonen, Chiarot, and I'm penciling in one depth guy like Perreault or Paquette. Don't think Kulak moves, price doesn't sound like it will be high so I think they'll keep him around.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Habs have 6 games between now and the trade deadline. At what point do we shut down Chiarot?

Also, those next 6 games are against Vancouver, Seattle, Philadelphia, Arizona, Dallas, and Ottawa. Be prepared for us to continue our march up the standings.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
i wrote two but i think chiarot, perreault, petry and maybe allen and wideman are all gone. i don't think they move lehky unless a team sees what danault is doing and blasts hughes away with an offer

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
That Eric Engels piece provided a lot of useful soundbites, my key takeaways

1. Chariot, Petry are not part of the Team's Core - Will Trade Chariot, will trade Petry
2. Lehkonen for the right offer but not actively looking to trade
3. Sounds like Marty will be extended
4. Sounds like NHL people think the draft is deeper then we do
"I think most people think it’s a deep draft at the very top end of it. My guess is there’s going to be really great players in this draft who go on to great careers in the NHL."
5. To me he has a value by player that he's established and if someone offers more value then that he says yes

So far loving the direction of the management team,

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Okay, 1) Chiarot
2) Paquette
3) Kulak

All for picks. Fingers crossed Ben gets us a 1st. 6th for pacques, and a 3rd for kulak

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Why the hell would anyone trade for Paquette? You can't be NHL depth if you aren't an NHL'er.
If Bergevin can get hired elsewhere in the league after what he did to this team, then there are a whole lot of idiots who could potentially trade for players Bergevin thought were NHL calibre.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad