Proposal: Trade with Detroit

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
Ok guys, what do you think. Would either of the following deals be fair value?

To Calgary: Justin Abdelkader, Dan Cleary, Kyle Quincey
To Detroit: Jarome Iginla or Jiri Hudler

To Calgary: Mikael Samuelsson, Todd Bertuzzi, and Jan Mursak
To Detroit: Jiri Hudler

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
These are all awful.

And since when does Hudler have the same value as Iginla?

Trae

Calgary
Really bad.

1. Iginla and Hudler do not share the same value. Iginla is worth more.

2. Detroit has no interest in Hudler or they would have simply SIGNED him for FREE.

3. Detroit is an aging team like us, not an ideal place for Iginla and Detroit is not in a position to be going after veteran stars such as Iggy.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

how about

to Detroit: Horak, Stempniak, Butler
to Calgary: Datsyuk

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Your proposals are bad and you should feel bad.

First offer: two third line players and an aging 2nd line winger for Iginla? You have to be trolling.

Second offer: two aging wingers and a bottom pairing defenseman for Hudler (who Detroit could've kept for nothing)?

Here's a thought, maybe let's see how Hudler performs here before proposing to trade him?

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Iginla wouldn't be traded for a package that bad, and why in the hell would Detroit give up depth for a guy they could have just re-signed? Don't think much thought went into these proposals.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
images

pdd

Feb 7, 2010

First offer: two third line players and an aging 2nd line winger for Iginla? You have to be trolling.

Second offer: two aging wingers and a bottom pairing defenseman for Hudler (who Detroit could've kept for nothing)?

Here's a thought, maybe let's see how Hudler performs here before proposing to trade him?

The first one is not mine. It came up in a thread on the Detroit forum as "for Iginla". Another poster said it wouldn't even get Hudler. I suggested Stempniak as the likely return.

The other one was something I brought up in a different thread on the Detroit forum, as Wings fans (even those who were gung-ho for replacing Hudler with Sammy) are now "Why Kenny, why did you sign Bertuzzi and Sammy?". And of course if they had not been signed, Hudler would be a Wing right now.

So that one's not so much a trade proposal as a "how do you guys see this value from your side?"

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
The first one is not mine. It came up in a thread on the Detroit forum as "for Iginla". Another poster said it wouldn't even get Hudler. I suggested Stempniak as the likely return.

The other one was something I brought up in a different thread on the Detroit forum, as Wings fans (even those who were gung-ho for replacing Hudler with Sammy) are now "Why Kenny, why did you sign Bertuzzi and Sammy?". And of course if they had not been signed, Hudler would be a Wing right now.

So that one's not so much a trade proposal as a "how do you guys see this value from your side?"
Oh.

Then to be clear, the value is bad. Quantity =//= quality. Really the only one I'd want to have from the proposals in the OP is Abdelkader, and he's not worth Hudler or Iginla.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Post that in your OP then....

Here is my proposal:

Backlund + Stajan

for

Dastyuk + Zetterberg

Please post this on the Detroit board for me and let me know what they think. Cheers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad