Proposal: Trade Vatanen Proposal from DRW Board (updated poll)

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I honestly don't watch Detroit enough to have an opinion on this. Wasn't the thought that Nyquist would be a better Western Conference type player though?

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I honestly don't watch Detroit enough to have an opinion on this. Wasn't the thought that Nyquist would be a better Western Conference type player though?

I was under the impression money as an issue:

Tatar 2.75 for 1 more year; Nyquist already at 4.75

Just to be clear both are about equal, and Red Wings fans are ok with losing either one for a much needed D man.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Fair value, but if an expansion's coming, I'd much prefer picks.

I don't think we should have that attitude going into deals. The oh there's a good player I want but expansions coming so I'm not going to get him. We're going to lose a good player regardless, if there's a good deal to be made we should just do it. Chances are it's Despres or Manson we lose next offseason, hypothetically acquiring Tatar and Pulkkinen won't affect that.

mytduxfan*

I don't think we should have that attitude going into deals. The oh there's a good player I want but expansions coming so I'm not going to get him. We're going to lose a good player regardless, if there's a good deal to be made we should just do it. Chances are it's Despres or Manson we lose next offseason, hypothetically acquiring Tatar and Pulkkinen won't affect that.

Agreed, especially considering we don't even know what the rules will be. If NTCs count, then we could easily keep/protect Tatar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad