Proposal: Trade Thread: Off-season edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

malton

Feb 17, 2009
If we want to make a serious change then we should be moving all of these players.

Gallagher
Petry
Toffoli
Edmunson
Chiarot
Allen
Perrault
Kulak

That should net us 4 -5 1st round picks, a couple 2nds and a few top prospects.

It's the only logical move imo.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
If we want to make a serious change then we should be moving all of these players.

Gallagher
Petry
Toffoli
Edmunson
Chiarot
Allen
Perrault
Kulak

Gallagher has a terrible contract. You need to ice a team, so Toffoli and Edmundson are definately keepers.

Petry and Chiarot are actually the only 2 that can fetch you high picks.

You might want to add Drouin, Byron and Savard to the mix.

There's very little value for the rest.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

Gallagher
Petry
Toffoli
Edmunson
Chiarot
Allen
Perrault
Kulak

this isn't arizona. won't happen. need some smart retooling, but not a complete bloodbath.
selective vets to bring in prospects and picks...
getting a top 3 next year would be huge towards adding them to some nice pieces up front

Reactions: Schooner Guy

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
this isn't arizona. won't happen. need some smart retooling, but not a complete bloodbath.
getting a top 3 next year would be huge towards adding them to some nice pieces up front
We haven't picked a direction in at least 10 years.
Overhaul this organization from top to bottom and trade veterans for picks and suffer for a couple of seasons while drafting high.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Is that you marc ?

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013

Gallagher
Petry
Toffoli
Edmunson
Chiarot
Allen
Perrault
Kulak

You won't get any 1st round picks for them. Teams are built by contract and their salary cap and nobody is going to take much of anything there since they already have equivalent players at the contracts/salaries these guys would command ... except maybe Jake Allen.

Reactions: Riggins

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
You won't get any 1st round picks for them. Teams are built by contract and their salary cap and nobody is going to take much of anything there since they already have equivalent players at the salaries these guys would command ... except maybe Jake Allen.
I hear this all the time and wonder if you’ve never seen trade deadline trades before. 3rd liners go for 1sts at the deadline and top 4 D go for a lot more than that.

Reactions: aresknights

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
I hear this all the time and wonder if you’ve never seen trade deadline trades before. 3rd liners go for 1sts at the deadline and top 4 D go for a lot more than that.

You expect too much for that bunch. I wonder if you know how teams are built by salary cap.

At the trade deadline only a part of the yearly contract comes into play. Teams might grab lower players but not any with longer contracts, especially like Gallagher or Petry. They want expiring contracts and the only ones with expiring contracts are Chiarot, Perrault, and Kulak. Do you really expect to get any 1st rounders for them. Also remember, at the trade deadline, there are other teams selling expiring contracts as well.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
You expect too much for that bunch. I wonder if you know how teams are built by salary cap.

At the trade deadline only a part of the yearly contract comes into play. Teams might grab lower players but not any with longer contracts, especially like Gallagher or Petry. They want expiring contracts and the only ones with expiring contracts are Chiarot, Perrault, and Kulak. Do you really expect to get any 1st rounders for them. Also remember, at the trade deadline, there are other teams selling expiring contracts as well.
So you don’t think Petry or Gally would fetch at least a 1st? Ok.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
So you don’t think Petry or Gally would fetch at least a 1st? Ok.
Right now, gallagher’s value is pretty low. 2 points in 9 games. 6,5 millions for 6 years. I mean. I don’t know wich GM would like to acquire him for a first pick. He will need to be retain and i doubt montreal will doing it. Petry maybe a first. Dman always has better value on market

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Habz4

Oct 1, 2013
This is what we need

Hoffman..........CC
Drouin Suzuki Toffoli
.......... Dvorak Anderson
.......... Evans Armia

.......... ..........
Edmonton Petry
Romanov Savard

That's all lol

Reactions: 1000eeer and Hins77

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021

Gallagher
Petry
Toffoli
Edmunson
Chiarot
Allen
Perrault
Kulak

There isn't much value there.
Maybe Petry fetches a 1st.
Gallagher is done and overpaid.
I wouldn't trade Toffoli just yet. Next year with retention.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Plenty. And Petry?

At $6.5m for 6 years for a small wrong side of his prime winger with rapidly declining production? OK.

200.gif

Reactions: Miller Time
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad