Speculation: Trade Speculation / Untouchable Players Pt. V

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Kevin Allen is up there with B Mac. They are the only two I really trust everything they say. It was sad that some people on here were asking if Allen was credible when he broke the Staal news. He's only been around for 25 years.

I like Lebrun also and think he is highly credible, just not with the two guys above.

When it comes to Penguins stuff, Renaud Lavoie and Pierre McGuire are the two guys who are the voice of God, with Lebrun just behind.

All French speakers...always wondered if Pierre Larouche was accepting kickbacks for media leaks.

Since the other team Lavoie really has his finger on the pulse of is the Habs, I'll be real worried if he corroborates Lebrun's report.

Mo Wanchuk

Embrace the Hate
Mar 16, 2009
Palm Isle
I have searched high and low and have yet to find anything from LeBrun indicating the Pens are interested in Markov. If this happens I am done with Shero.

Fire Shero*

So who is more in need of an intervention:

1. Shero with hoarding of defensemen he doesn't need

or

2. Bylsma with his love of players who are washed up?

Tough call. Shero should know by now that disco starts players based on loyalty and not how good they are.

If Shero would stop signing a half dozen worthless forwards every year Bylsma couldn't play them.

However even when Shero does something intelligent (which is almost never in the last 3 seasons) like acquire Iginla, disco screws the pooch.

That's why both need to go

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

or

Both, but maybe if you do Shero then he stops enabling Bylsma.

If Shero goes after Markov I'm .... I don't know what yet, but I'll do something.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

or

31849-why-dont-we-have-both-gif-meme-IfmC.gif

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Markov on the Pens would fulfill DB's dream of having 5 lefties on the PP.

It's probably rumor mongering because Letang is out, but if this happens, I'm never rooting for this team again.

I'm already pissed at the probability that Despres gets traded - probably for a rental - because he doesn't play the idiot way the staff wants him to.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Markov makes over 5 Million a year and is an 35 year old UFA in the summer and add to this he is a Canadian Citizen who lives in Montreal. I see him as a Douglas Murray Rental and because of that I don't see why you would give up much of anything for him let alone a player like Despres. If Shero wants to give any other Future Draft Pick but a Number One Draft Pick, I'm fine with it but no players!;)

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Maatta has played more playoff hockey in the last 3 years then anyone on this team

Well I didn't think I had to explain I was being sarcastic ( figured the Niskanen for Salo move put it over the top) but after 4 responses I guess it shows how realistic all of that could be with this organization

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
The only information there is about this supposed Markov rumor is the post a Habs fan posted in this thread. I can't find information about anyone else who heard this interview or any other similar rumors.

I think everyone might be overreacting.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The only information there is about this supposed Markov rumor is the post a Habs fan posted in this thread. I can't find information about anyone else who heard this interview or any other similar rumors.

I think everyone might be overreacting.

I heard from a very reliable source that Montreal really has an interest in Glass and Adams and are willing to part with their first round pick. Maybe sweeten the deal with a middling prospect. Think I should let them know on the Montreal board?

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I heard from a very reliable source that Montreal really has an interest in Glass and Adams and are willing to part with their first round pick. Maybe sweeten the deal with a middling prospect. Think I should let them know on the Montreal board?

Tell them LeBrun said it! :sarcasm:

penguins2946*

We have the #1 PP and a plethora of PMD? BRING IN ANOTHER PP QB OFD!!!!

It has to be speculation. It makes no sense.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
The Markov to Pittsburgh thing, if Lebrun did say it, seems like guesswork to me. Oh, Letang is going to be out for a while? He's an offensive defenseman who plays on the PP? The Pens will take a look at Markov then, surely.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
The Markov to Pittsburgh thing, if Lebrun did say it, seems like guesswork to me. Oh, Letang is going to be out for a while? He's an offensive defenseman who plays on the PP? The Pens will take a look at Markov then, surely.

Makes no sense when they already have Martin and Niskanen.

Michael8771*

I don't understand the logic behind this. I have to think that Lebrun was speculating without really having an idea.

Fire Shero*

Hopefully the pens go after Grabovski if he isn't re-signed.

Sutter is not good....

Michael8771*

Here are the guys I'd look into acquiring. None of them would likely break the bank or deplete our assets for.

Kulemin, Boyes, Upshall, Bergenheim and Palmieri. Palmieri and Kulemin would be at the top of the list but all of them could help us I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Grabovski would cost a damned fortune for a third line center.

And not be terribly effective within that role, anyway.

I'd rather just match Sutter with better linemates and see what happens. I don't really know if anyone actually watched Sutter in Carolina. This is largely the player he is. And he's mostly-better than the majority of the league's 3rd line centers or at least right on par. It's a shame he doesn't mash people's faces or destroy opposing skaters along the boards every game... but defensively he is steady and is on pace to chip in ~30 points, this year.

As craptacular as this team's depth scoring has been... that's fairly respectable. He just doesn't play with the kind of flair and jam that seemingly everyone wants to see. That doesn't mean he can't be an effective, affordable option as third line pivot.

Didn't mean to rant.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Grabo's a damn good player. And if Sid is going to be the guy we match up against top lines, Grabo would be fine as our 3C providing solid secondary scoring.

But I've been on board with moving Sutter+D-man for an elite or potential elite level winger for Sid. On the list of replacements for Sutter, Grabo isn't far down. Legwand would be a decent stopgap as well.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Grabovski is a horrendous idea for a 3rd line defensive center, not even bringing money into the question, or if he would want to be a 3rd line center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad