Speculation: Trade Speculation Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubrus Coffee Maker

Blinded by my Zubrus
Nov 14, 2008
Cobourg, ON
hopefully Lou gets busy by the deadline, if Murray gets that much i'm sure a team in the West stuck in the race for the final playoff spots can give us value

Status Quo*

I don't see it happening. He seems pretty content as of now, but who knows. Lou shocked us all with the Kovy trade a few years back.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
The only way he could really shock me now is if he conjures up some way to get Ryan or Iginla.

I am not holding my breath on either one.

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 17h
Confirming short list Iginla told #Flames he would consider looking into a trade. Among them #RedWings #Blackhawks #Bruins #Kings

I could be nitpicking here, but the word "among" has me intrigued. Some teams could easily have told the media to can it about their interests in any way, shape or form. You know like us. If we're actually on that list, I doubt it would actually be made public.

Techno Devil*

I don't see it happening. He seems pretty content as of now, but who knows. Lou shocked us all with the Kovy trade a few years back.

that was ilya kovalchuk with 20 games left on a contract in a market that no longer exists. The next best thing was perry, and i dont think he is up to par with kovy. Even if you disagree, his level of happiness on the team and in the market was an irrefutable factor that would have lead to a much more costly transaction had he decided to say no to the extension.

at this point, I dont even know which player I would pursue.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 17h
Confirming short list Iginla told #Flames he would consider looking into a trade. Among them #RedWings #Blackhawks #Bruins #Kings

I could be nitpicking here, but the word "among" has me intrigued. Some teams could easily have told the media to can it about their interests in any way, shape or form. You know like us. If we're actually on that list, I doubt it would actually be made public.

It's doubtful, but as mentioned in the previous thread. It looks like he wants to go somewhere willing to extend him and not just use him as a Cup rental.
We'd have to be pretty upfront about that in order to be in the mix, I think.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
what "Parise replacement" do you think we should "get"

I am curious

There really isn't one right now, but the way this team is on forward the injury to Zubes has been crushing. It's like if a forward gets injured that isn't Barch, then it shows big time. Loktionov got injured, and we scored 2 goals in 2 games that he was gone for. It's no secret we can much sooner afford an injured defensemen than an injured forward. I mean god one of our best defensemen has been banished to the luxury box for 2 or 3 weeks almost now.

People said we could get D'Agostini for Tallinder. We got him for cheaper, so I honestly wonder what can we get at this point for Tallinder + Urbom + a non first round pick?

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
People said we could get D'Agostini for Tallinder. We got him for cheaper, so I honestly wonder what can we get at this point for Tallinder + Urbom + a non first round pick?

A lot more than what people around here think it would garner.

If the rumor that Carolina and Pittsburgh were going at it for Murray is true, we could definitely get good value for, say, Tallinder. I think that package could get a darn good forward.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
There really isn't one right now, but the way this team is on forward the injury to Zubes has been crushing. It's like if a forward gets injured that isn't Barch, then it shows big time. Loktionov got injured, and we scored 2 goals in 2 games that he was gone for. It's no secret we can much sooner afford an injured defensemen than an injured forward. I mean god one of our best defensemen has been banished to the luxury box for 2 or 3 weeks almost now.

For that last package I'd try to pry Fleischman away from FLA. he'd really help us and he wouldn't be a rental he'd be part of the future. We'd have all kinds of forward depth if we acquired him and people got healthy. Enough depth to win a playoff series that's for sure.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A lot more than what people around here think it would garner.

If the rumor that Carolina and Pittsburgh were going at it for Murray is true, we could definitely get good value for, say, Tallinder. I think that package could get a darn good forward.

Even with Tallinder having another year left after this (Murray did not I don't think) and having had a major injury last year, and barely getting back in for a month before another?

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Seriously, if Murray is worth 2 2nds (or 2nd and a 3rd), stay with what ya got or sell.

day1devilsfan

Jul 19, 2011
Interwebz of PA
I use the term replacement loosely (which I should have stated). But we need a Parise type player IMO.

Having Kovy & Parise last year just gave us that 1-2 punch on the top 2 lines that I miss. Kovy scores Kovy goals and we all know what Zach did for this team.

We're missing that 40+ point guy who just went out and did it with flash, speed, grit, etc... Again I don't know if another ZP is in the league right now, but we could use his "replacement" especially w/ Kovy out 2-4 weeks; does Lou make that move?

I think Lou was completely done after the D'Ags trade, but this 2-4 week hole could open up a whole can of worms.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Even with Tallinder having another year left after this (Murray did not I don't think) and having had a major injury last year, and barely getting back in for a month before another?

Yes.

I think, on Deadline Day, a team that misses out on more viable options would be willing to give up good value for him.

I could totally see teams that miss out on the Regehrs and the Boyles end up getting into nasty, desperate bidding wars for the Aucoins and Tallinders.

day1devilsfan

Jul 19, 2011
Interwebz of PA
Part deux:

I know its been discussed, but Tomas Fleischmann has me interested. FLA is a seller and I really hate this rental thing. I understand the immediate need for help, but why kill youth infusions.

At least Fleischmann isn't a UFA until 2015-16 w/ a $4.5 cap hit. 28 y/o in the prime of his career, w/ 20 points this year. Not a ZP, but I've seen his shot and it is dirty. 6-1 close to 200lbs, be a big help on #1-2 line plus the PP.

Fleischmann-Loki-Kovy
Henrqiue-Zajac-Elias

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If we could get rid of Tallinder than Fleischmann would be fine on that contract.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Part deux:

I know its been discussed, but Tomas Fleischmann has me interested. FLA is a seller and I really hate this rental thing. I understand the immediate need for help, but why kill youth infusions.

At least Fleischmann isn't a UFA until 2015-16 w/ a $4.5 cap hit. 28 y/o in the prime of his career, w/ 20 points this year. Not a ZP, but I've seen his shot and it is dirty. 6-1 close to 200lbs, be a big help on #1-2 line plus the PP.

Fleischmann-Loki-Kovy
Henrqiue-Zajac-Elias

I'm all for it. Fleischmann would solidify our top-6.

Fleischmann-Loktionov-Kovalchuk
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Ponikarovsky-Zajac-Zubrus
Bernier/Carter/D'Ags-Gionta-Bernier/Carter/D'Ags

Damn.

day1devilsfan

Jul 19, 2011
Interwebz of PA
I'm all for it. Fleischmann would solidify our top-6.

Fleischmann-Loktionov-Kovalchuk
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Ponikarovsky-Zajac-Zubrus
Bernier-Carter-Gionta/D'Agostini

Damn.

I do disagree with your lines though...

CBGB no longer gets broken up haha!

Poni I also think is a dead horse. Hasn't shown a lot and I'd rather give D'Ags (who seems quicker and is younger) the shot. Could prove well in the playoffs.

Fleischmann-Loki-Kovy
Henrique-Zajac-Elias
D'Ags-Zubrus-Clarkson
CBGB

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 5m
Doug Wilson sounds poised to take advantage of tight trade market: "If you're decisive in your decisions you can get full value."

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I do disagree with your lines though...

CBGB no longer gets broken up haha!

Poni I also think is a dead horse. Hasn't shown a lot and I'd rather give D'Ags (who seems quicker and is younger) the shot. Could prove well in the playoffs.

Fleischmann-Loki-Kovy
Henrique-Zajac-Elias
D'Ags-Zubrus-Clarkson
CBGB

Your second line is weird :p:

:laugh:

Regardless, having to choose between Poni and D'Ags is such a good problem to have. Hopefully we're in that situation after Deadline Day.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
I respect Wilson quite a bit as a GM. 8 trips to the playoffs in 8 years and 9 playoff series wins in that time. Guy is pretty damn good at what he does.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Yeah the extra year for him (and his health issues) are definitely a hinderance.

And as for people wanting to move Volchenkov, you're not getting much for him either. Especially since he has 'more' years remaining for more money than even Tallinder. Why move him now at 50 cents on the dollar anyway since he's actually been playing well from the time he was benched?

Expiring contracts are worth gold this year with the decreasing cap this summer.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tallinder, JJ, Teddy, Pick, Urbom?

I'm not completely down on Yayo, but Loktionov has shown more than him and deserves that spot. I think he'll stay in the NHL with us getting to play with Kovy. As long as he comes back I'd be alright with trading Yayo away. Tedenby hasn't been cleared to play yet, but his injury (As nasty and horrible as it was) wasn't an injury that would keep teams away from him I don't think. However his status injury aside will probably keep teams away. You can always add him to a package though I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad