JMarce

Feb 4, 2012
what everyone wants: trade for Weiss
what we will get: Boychuk claimed off waivers

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
According to McKenzie, Butler claimed by Nashville.

I wonder if Teddy gets another shot.
Yes, he`ll get more painkillers to his cheek.

syringe2.jpg

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Maybe Lou will sign some NCAA FAs. They usually like going to places with lots of opportunity and we definitely have that in the forward position.

apice3*

if boychuk couldnt succeed with pittsburgh, why would he succeed in NJ with limited forward help?

Im for it though. Worth a shot. Just dont see us magically fixing his season

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
don't worry, about 80% of the calamari you get out is way overcooked, rubbery and tastes more like battered garden hose with too much salt and pepper to taste it anyway.

Now if we got Joey Crabb...

Scuderi makes me think of Scungili and Skrastins makes me itch.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Boychuk seems like another Butler. I`ve seen some Pittsburgh games and I wasn`t impressed, at all.

Prepare to be disappointed if we claim him.

Maybe Lou will sign some NCAA FAs. They usually like going to places with lots of opportunity and we definitely have that in the forward position.
I had one name in my mind earlier but I can`t find it to save my life. Dammit.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
btw, I just noticed that Annsi Salmella is still listed as a New Jersey Devil in Yahoo's NHL players section. Didn't he go somewhere else before disappearing?

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Nope, Salmela played in 10-11 and was released as a UFA. Went to the KHL after that.

Regarding Boychuk, he didn't look good on Crosby and Malkin's wing. He won't help us at all.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
According to McKenzie, Butler claimed by Nashville.

I wonder if Teddy gets another shot.

I don't even think he's gotten a week's worth of action since being sent down to Albany. He had a problem with his hip or something upon demotion, and I think he had that last nasty injury during his first weekend back in action.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Not that I'm happy to see Butler leave our organisation, but everytime I heard his name, I always thought of a Seinfeld episode where Jerry's "pilot" get's bought by NBC "japanese" and the CEO keeps on repeating "Butla", why Butla... is that funny?

"I'm sorry. I'm sure Mr Seinfeld is very funny to Americans, but I'm not sure this butler show would work in Japan."

njdevilsftw

Nov 13, 2011
new jersey
I'd be ok with stafford if the cost is not expensive

Elias-Loki-kovy
Henrique- zajac-stafford/clarkson
Poni-JJ-stafford/clarkson
Barch/cbgb

apice3*

The Butler claim is good news. I think it forces Lou to make a move and this team needs a new addition.

I don't think Bobby Butler was going prevent Lou from making a move at all.

Butler had 2 points and was -6 in a 14 game tryout, being blanked in 13 of those games. He did nothing to impress, and I believe Lou waived him to give him the chance to play NHL time somewhere else (as he did with players like Rod Pelley and Mark Fraser in the past), hence the lack of a call up. I'm not sure if Butler would have even headed to Albany if he cleared.

Lou always gives players a fair chance to play in the league, and that's why he's so respected.

Oroku Saki*

Not that I'm happy to see Butler leave our organisation, but everytime I heard his name, I always thought of a Seinfeld episode where Jerry's "pilot" get's bought by NBC "japanese" and the CEO keeps on repeating "Butla", why Butla... is that funny?

"I'm sorry. I'm sure Mr Seinfeld is very funny to Americans, but I'm not sure this butler show would work in Japan."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad