Trade Schneider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilsJD33

Mar 11, 2016
New to the board so I'm sorry if maybe this idea has been brought to light before and I haven't seen it. This may not be the most popular idea among fans because I'm not blind to the fact that Cory was the primary reason why we weren't abysmal last year and he kept us afloat really early on this season when this team was clearly trying to find themselves.
As for the reasoning behind this thought:
1. Is this roster suited to win a cup in Schneider's prime years? I'm an optimist and thought this team is really not THAT far away. Who knows if Cammy was healthy what could have been this season, but I have a hard time convincing myself that we'll be a legit Cup contender soon.
2. The Keith Kinkaid/Scott Wedgewood platoon has potential. I know Wedgewood's sample size was more of a teaspoon, but it was a pretty good teaspoon. Kinkaid has had a couple of real stinkers of games that make his numbers worse than how he has actually performed this season.
3. We could get a lot for Cory Schneider. He's an All-Star in his prime right now. I'm not sure I want to get rid of him, but this is just something I've been thinking about for this stretch when he's been hurt.

Thoughts?

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Absolutely not.

It does not take a boatload of talent to go on a Stanley Cup run when you have an elite goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad