Rumor: Trade Rumours Thread Part V: Gaborik "available"; LeBrun: NYR interested in D. Boyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Pierre LeBrun
Rangers are intrigued by Dan Boyle but would need San Jose to take money back and I'm not sure Sharks would want to do that... we'll see...

Caitlin Strang
Rangers definitely like Boyle. Plan to write a little bit more about that today. Question is whether they can meet San Jose's demands. Sharks want some youth and not sure that's what Rangers are prepared to give up. Would not be willing to part with, say, a Del Zotto, to do the deal

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/22817/hockey-talk-chat-with-our-nhl-crew-5

There is no match.

Caitlin Strang
Wonder if Sharks would do Gaborik for Boyle.Would be a good deal for the Rangers, methinks

Katie I doubt SJ wants Gaborik's $7.5-million on the books for next season... then again, SJ wants to get faster on the wings...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/22817/hockey-talk-chat-with-our-nhl-crew-5

$6,666,667 on the books for Boyle next season. Its the same thing.

There is no match.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Has Iginla been discussed round these parts? Would love to add Jarome to this squad for the playoff push.

Still think it would be wiser to deal Gaborik at the draft four a 1st round pick, good prospect, and NHL ready forward.

Dorado*

If NYR give up any good you g players for another of Torts Auld Lang syne re treads it will set back NYR for another 5 years . This guy is finished another in a long line of Derek Morris , Ozolinsh , MCCABE failures .
NO MORE 2004 Cup TORTS RETREADS

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Has Iginla been discussed round these parts? Would love to add Jarome to this squad for the playoff push.

Still think it would be wiser to deal Gaborik at the draft four a 1st round pick, good prospect, and NHL ready forward.

Its been discussed.

Not one person has provided a feasible trade proposal to get Iginla here...not to mention his play has slipped as hes gotten older and hes (yet another) right wing.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY

they have burns playing wing with thorton.. what does that tell you!!! hhaaha from what i've heard hes playing good.. but boyle for gabs wouldn't be bad.. its a parallel move.. it wont hurt signing our RFAs and hes done after next season same as gabs so its ok..im down..

boyle could mentor and teach MDZ and we would be saving almost 1m on cap so it could help us.. and help them bc they need scoring help upfront and then they move Burns back to d and hes the future not boyle..

Gaborik+ for Boyle and Clowe

Mcd-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
MDZ-Stralman
Eminger

i like that a lot.. moving forward.. then say we trade for ott or Torres and work our Phx connection and then we're set.. we got our depth and toughness!!

Last edited:

*Bob Richards*

They're saying that he has released a list of teams he'd accept a trade to and I don't believe we are on it.

I also don't want to go for Iginla. I don't see a reasonable way we could get him.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
They're saying that he has released a list of teams he'd accept a trade to and I don't believe we are on it.

I also don't want to go for Iginla. I don't see a reasonable way we could get him.

Ah, that's too bad. I think he'd fit in around here.

So that leaves a few other rental potential options. Ribiero, Jagr (one can dream, right?), Roy, Cullen. A shame that Weiss isn't healthy.

Going to be a tough go in the rental market for the Rangers this year though without a '13 1st rd pick.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Seen the rumors of the Rangers talking to the Jets.
Don't think they are talking about Kane or Buff.
IMO, they are talking about a RD, Postma maybe available.

*Bob Richards*

Why would the Jets trade Kane? I'm not sure if I missed something but that doesn't make any sense to me.

Dorado*

Richards = re tread sucks
Prospal and Feds had their use but are long in the tooth just like another
TORTS GLORY DAYS RETREAD DAN BOYLE

Dorado*

Rangers don't need Dan Boyle to fix PP they need to move and
HIT THE NET

Punxrocknyc19*

Seen the rumors of the Rangers talking to the Jets.
Don't think they are talking about Kane or Buff.
IMO, they are talking about a RD, Postma maybe available.

im hoping for D Marc Stuart or forward Brunstromov (SP)

id love Kane or Ladd but doubtful.. wish Sather tried to aqcuire Ladd from the Hawks..

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Well...maybe Gabby could get them in the playoffs...whereas the Burmistrov kid might not . Who knows...but I would do the trade in a heartbeat .

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Jamie McGinn is a healthy scratch tonight. David Jones too. How is that contract working out for them?

Avalanche coach Joe Sacco sent a stern message to two of his top forwards Wednesday morning, benching David Jones and Jamie McGinn for the game later that night against the Dallas Stars.

Jones and McGinn both started the season on the top line as wingers opposite center Paul Stastny. Against the Stars, they will watch the game from the press box.

"It's a case of just underachieving," said Sacco, in explaining his decision. "In Jonesie's case, we've been real patient with him and trying to let him work his way out of the slump he's been in. But the bottom line is, I've got to put some guys in there that I think can maybe provide us with a little more at this time. The same thing with McGinn; I think he's been struggling lately. He's had a good opportunity, playing with (Matt) Duchene and (P.A.) Parenteau. He needs to play a physical game consistently all the time, not just parts of the game."

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche...ones-jamie-mcginn-be-benched-vs#ixzz2O6gy3hcI

McGinn is signed through next season. $1.75M. Group II after that. The Rangers have some players in the price range.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Postma is a RD with a good shot from the point. There are reports he is available. I may have read it on the trade boards, so who knows.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
If NYR give up any good you g players for another of Torts Auld Lang syne re treads it will set back NYR for another 5 years . This guy is finished another in a long line of Derek Morris , Ozolinsh , MCCABE failures .
NO MORE 2004 Cup TORTS RETREADS

Your rant is a bit exaggerated, but I agree with most of your post, except Boyle is a far better player than everyone you've listed.

If we'd be fighting for the 1st spot in the East (assume Bruins winning %) , I think you could discuss this move. Does Boyle put you over the top? Does he add enough for us to become cup favorites? I'd still be against it, because, as you said, I don't wanna waste our future to compete for a year or two. I'd rather continue trying to build a 5 year window.

With the our situation now, I don't think we should even look into adding him. He carries a big cap, the return would have to be something around MDZ. Boyle is not going to make this team go from playoff bubble to Stanley Cup winner. Boyle perhaps makes this team go to round 2, but that's it. There's no point in that.

Try to get a 3rd liner for cheap before the deadline, be happy and dance nakedly on the street if we go for a Cinderella run in the POs, try to shop Gaborik at the draft if you feel you have to and call it a day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad