Speculation: Trade Rumors/Speculation Part X: Sather Falls Asleep on the Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I think it's more like Sather is like an old lady afraid to get his toes wet in the water

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Hello? Glen? Glen? We were discussing the Del Zotto deal... We offered you more last week but you seemed to doze off mid-phone call. This is our final offer. Glen?

::snore::

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Interesting.

I could see Brassard + MDZ for Z.Smith + Methot, doubt Ottawa would do that though.

Not sure why Hagelin's name is being thrown around.

And I doubt there is a team dumb enough to absorb Nash's hefty contract. Which team would be interested in him?

I sure as **** wouldn't do that as a Rangers fan either.

Methot adds nothing that we don't have already. A defensive defenceman with limited to no offensive capabilities and no mean streak.

and while I like Zack Smith, he's an absolute down grade to Brassard

making a trade that sets us back is not what we should be doing now.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I sure as **** wouldn't do that as a Rangers fan either.

Methot adds nothing that we don't have already. A defensive defenceman with limited to no offensive capabilities and no mean streak.

and while I like Zack Smith, he's an absolute down grade to Brassard

making a trade that sets us back is not what we should be doing now.

Methot is probably thought of as a replacement for M.Staal, who is all but damaged goods at this point and may be testing FA anyways. Methot is signed to a bargain contract.

Brassard is the posterboy of 1-dimensional, soft and inconsistency. Zack Smith will help this team more than Brassard, who likely shouldn't be part of the long term plans here. Smith has been Ottawa's 3C since last season in a gritty shutdown role.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
To go further on the Connolly straight up for Girardi idea.

Forget the idea of fair value here. It's not like we're trying to reach accord with the Lightning fan base or any other fan bases out there--especially when you're trading an asset that a contending team feels it needs to get over the hump and win the Cup. I could care less whether TB wins the Cup or not--whether or not they trade for Girardi. We're not really out to help them, are we? We're out to help ourselves and if we're moving a player like Girardi--the Rangers chances this season almost automatically are going to be much worse--not that their chances are very good right now. It's a factor that the TB managerial staff have to think about--1) are we for real? 2) how much better would our chances of going all the way be with Dan Girardi on our D?--and 3) what is it worth to us to get him?--knowing that he'll be maybe the top defense acquisition made by anybody going into the playoffs.

If Girardi is being dealt--there will be more than just one team after him. The Bruins, Canucks, Sharks, Ducks, Maple Leafs, Capitals, Penguins, Lightning--maybe even the Hawks, Kings and Avalanche. You take the best deal. If the Rangers move Girardi they're getting more than just Brett Connolly back--that is unless Sather completely ****s the dog.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
This upcoming off-season, with all the expiring contracts, presents a rare opportunity for the head office to build something to last. If I were czar of the universe, I would have brought in a new GM at the beginning of this season, giving him a year to assess the roster, formulate a plan for the off-season, and execute. I'm not thrilled with the idea of giving Sather the keys for the 2014 offseason. If Gorton is the heir, let him run things this off-season.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I know they're not going to give him up, but I'd love to get Pysyk out of Buffalo. Would swap DZ for him +, but I don't think rebuilding Buffalo deals him.

He'll be a solid 2nd pairing RHD for a long time, who might even elevate his game to be a #2.

RangersHank*

I posted it earlier. Girardi-3rd for Connolly-2nd-Gudas or Sustr.

RangersHank*

Methot is probably thought of as a replacement for M.Staal, who is all but damaged goods at this point and may be testing FA anyways. Methot is signed to a bargain contract.

Brassard is the posterboy of 1-dimensional, soft and inconsistency. Zack Smith will help this team more than Brassard, who likely shouldn't be part of the long term plans here. Smith has been Ottawa's 3C since last season in a gritty shutdown role.

DZ-Brassard-2nd-3rd for Smith-Gryba-1st

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

Sorry, but a team suffering for offence should not be trading offensive players for MORE defensive players.

We have enough defensive responsible players. Zack smith is more of what we have in abundance.

bottom 6 offensively challenged forwards.

Nice player, he's not what we need.

RangersHank*

holy overpayment

Ottawa's next 1st is in 2015

Smith is a decent 3rd liner and Gryba is grubby

How? Brassard is too inconsistent and Smith is a good 3rd line center. Ottawa's 1st this year and Gryba? 2 1sts possibly in the top 12-15 is bad?

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
How? Brassard is too inconsistent and Smith is a good 3rd line center. Ottawa's 1st this year and Gryba? 2 1sts possibly in the top 12-15 is bad?

so with Brassard's inconsistency your "fix" is to get an even LESS talnted player because he plays a solid 3rd line?

REALLY????

:shakehead

RangersHank*

so with Brassard's inconsistency your "fix" is to get an even LESS talnted player because he plays a solid 3rd line?

REALLY????

:shakehead

Brassars sucks and i would take a solid 3rd line center over him in a minute. Especially a young one.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Sorry, but a team suffering for offence should not be trading offensive players for MORE defensive players.

We have enough defensive responsible players. Zack smith is more of what we have in abundance.

bottom 6 offensively challenged forwards.

Nice player, he's not what we need.

The team is also suffering defensively. Who are these defensively responsible forwards you're speaking of?

The bottom 6 is challenged both offensively and defensively.

Punxrocknyc19*

Daniel Girardi and Marek Hrivik to Stars for Brett Ritchie and Jamie Oleksiak??

would this work???

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
The team is also suffering defensively. Who are these defensively responsible forwards you're speaking of?

The bottom 6 is challenged both offensively and defensively.

team as a whole is struggling.

Healthy team? defensively Zuccs, Hagelin, D. Moore, Boyle are all on par with Smith defensively.

and all four are 3rd/4th liners.

the other two are Dorsett and Pouliot who are behind Smith for sure as players.

Not moving Brassard for Z. Smith

Terribad asset management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad