Speculation: Trade Rumors and Proposals | 2013/14 - XV - Deadline eve Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Old thread (found here) was at ~1000 posts, shall we continue here?

How I envision this thread over the next 3 days:

46718474.jpg

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
What about Phillips and our 2nd to Boston for their 1st?

burf

Mar 27, 2012
In a world where Doug Murray is worth 2 second round picks, Phillips is worth a lot more than 10 or so spots in draft position.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I have been personally responsible for the removal of Daugavins (The Latvian) and Rundblad (Roooney) Who do we ship out next?

Captain Phillips?

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Why bother? Unless we just want to get his salary off the books (Because: Melnyk) or open a roster spot for an incoming player, that is.
Does every penny not count?

It's probably around $100 000 in savings, no? Not much, but hey. A late round pick is still a pick, and you never know what can happen with it. If you're lucky, you may get an NHLer out of it one day.

I also think it would be the right thing to do FOR Corvo. Love him or hate him, he's been a part of this organization a couple times and deserves to go to a contender (he's never won a cup).

newtron

Jan 5, 2006
Ottawa
I'd like to see Ehrhoff here. Not sure on return, but I would start with Wiercioch and Prince +. I really think an upgrade on D is necessary and we've got lots of spare parts. Wier still holds value as he's young and possesses many traits of a future top 4 guy.

Next year's back-end is already looking pretty crowded with: Karlsson, Methot, Ceci, Cowen, Gryba, Boro, plus either Wier of Ehrhoff. That makes 7, and goes up to 8 if Phillips ends up staying. Then there's Claesson, who is sure to get a long look.

So, if we're dealing for a D, I would expect one going the other way. I'm sure Timmy is fond of Wiercioch.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Might as well just wait till summer and the draft for a trade. Not worth making moves now when we still have no clue what kind of team we have.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Does every penny not count?

It's probably around $100 000 in savings, no? Not much, but hey. A late round pick is still a pick, and you never know what can happen with it. If you're lucky, you may get an NHLer out of it one day.

I also think it would be the right thing to do FOR Corvo. Love him or hate him, he's been a part of this organization a couple times and deserves to go to a contender (he's never won a cup).
I agree with you. He's 8th on the depth chart so its not like he's even our key depth person. With Boro & Claesson in Bingo we have sufficient depth to move him and not blink and eye.

I wondered if Murray tried to move him but couldn't find someone who wanted him?

Apr 4, 2003
Embrun, ON
Take this with a big grain of salt...but word around the Big Rig (aka Chris Phillips's restaurant) yesterday at lunchtime was that it's highly likely that Phillips is on the move, with (unsurprisingly) Boston and San Jose as the most likely destinations (and Colorado a possibility as well).

The speculation was that yesterday's game would be the Phillips finale in a Sens uniform...and when Karlsson flipped Phillips the puck at the end of the game...well, I'm sure some of us found that interesting.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Take this with a big grain of salt...but word around the Big Rig (aka Chris Phillips's restaurant) yesterday at lunchtime was that it's highly likely that Phillips is on the move, with (unsurprisingly) Boston and San Jose as the most likely destinations (and Colorado a possibility as well).

The speculation was that yesterday's game would be the Phillips finale in a Sens uniform...and when Karlsson flipped Phillips the puck at the end of the game...well, I'm sure some of us found that interesting.

Management definitely met with Chris after the game last night. Considering he's his own agent I dont know what that means either way but I do believe a conclusion has been reached.

Karate Johnson*

@AJonSports: Tim Murray called Shane Prince the most skilled player in the London rookie tournament. Western NY native. Keep that in mind. #Sens #Sabres

@AJonSports: Tim Murray also pushed very hard for the Sens to draft Matt Puempel in 2011. #Sens #Sabres

@AJonSports: Also hearing the Sabres asked for Mike Hoffman in any potential Stewart trade. #Sens #Sabres

What do you make of this, Sens fans?

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
@AJonSports: Tim Murray called Shane Prince the most skilled player in the London rookie tournament. Western NY native. Keep that in mind. #Sens #Sabres

@AJonSports: Tim Murray also pushed very hard for the Sens to draft Matt Puempel in 2011. #Sens #Sabres

@AJonSports: Also hearing the Sabres asked for Mike Hoffman in any potential Stewart trade. #Sens #Sabres

What do you make of this, Sens fans?

Prince is probably gone by Wednesday afternoon.

I don't think anyone in the fanbase would take exception to trading Puempel if it meant getting a top 6 forward back.

Hoffman hasn't really proven anything at the NHL level. He's looked pretty good so far in his recent call up, so I'd hate to give up on him.

I actually foresee something substantial like:

Puempel, Prince, Weircioch, Hoffman for Stewart + Erhoff.

Karate Johnson*

Cool. I obviously don't know if the guy who tweeted it I reliable.

It seems almost inevitable that a Sabres/Sens trade happens in the next 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad