Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposal Thread: Anyone Want Purcell or Fayne? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Yes however even in a trade Eberle and Yak will get you a similar player back, the add will just be greater with Yak and more teams will be able to take in Yak as his salary is much lower. Eberle is also better for the team then Yak is.

The add would be way way more. Yak can get you the same player as hall can if you add enough. Teams don't make huge trades to get cheaper contracts as a rule, they do so to get better players.

McDeathbyCheerios*

The add would be way way more. Yak can get you the same player as hall can if you add enough. Teams don't make huge trades to get cheaper contracts as a rule, they do so to get better players.
Teams move players for prospects and picks. Yak would fit in on a team like Washington because he is cheap and can move up and down the lineup and not having 6 mill on a third line.

All depends on the team.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
People want to trade RNH+ for Seth Jones. But don't want to trade RNH alone for Henrique+Severson :laugh:

Severson has a similar upside to Jones.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Teams move players for prospects and picks. Yak would fit in on a team like Washington because he is cheap and can move up and down the lineup and not having 6 mill on a third line.

All depends on the team.

Give one example of a top player (not even a dman, to give you options) being moved for something like Yak + first without there being some conflict between said player and the team. Washington could fit him in stylistically, but they're not trading anyone significant to get Yakupov.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Right now RNH is a bit better than Henrique. Severson on the other hand is a RHD with #1 upside with a similar floor to Klef. Both are guaranteed to be top 4 D's.

RNH is not a bit better than Henrique.

RNH is a work horse playing 21+ mins against top competition while Henrique hasn't broke 45 pts in years.. Severe downgrade there. Not to mention Henrique is 3 years older than Nuge.

Damon Severson is not going to come remotely close to making up for the difference between Henrique and Nuge. He's playing ~18 mins a game in NJ as a 21 year old so it's not like he's lighting the world on fire. For all we know, Severson could end up being a Taylor Chorney and we're sitting here with a 40 pt center and Chorney 2.0 while NJ has Nuge +.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
People want to trade RNH+ for Seth Jones. But don't want to trade RNH alone for Henrique+Severson :laugh:

The funny part is I feel like Severson fits our team better then Jones would. Severson has higher offensive potential IMO. I know it's a hard trade to make, but we're going to have to make hard trades if we want to get better.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
You have to give to get though. Severson is making less then a mil a year and has huge upside while Henrique is signed long term on a sweet heart deal @ 4M.

I'm a firm believer that RNH ends up being one of the best centres in the game over the next 10 years, I'd be very reluctant to deal him. RNH McDavid are the centres I build around, Draisaitl is a winger for the foreseeable future in my mind.

You just can't replace what RNH brings all over the ice.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

How so?

Not sure why Jones is so underrated. Severson hasn't exactly done anything to suggest he has the same potential as a top 5 draft pick

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
The funny part is I feel like Severson fits our team better then Jones would. Severson has higher offensive potential IMO. I know it's a hard trade to make, but we're going to have to make hard trades if we want to get better.

Elaborate please. I disagree completely, but I'm more curious about your reasoning than anything.

I think Jones is better than Severson in pretty much every possible way except maybe positioning. Jones still brain farts once in a while.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

I agree. I think Severson will be a star and will dethrone Larsson as NJ #1D eventually. Henrique is a good 2-way player heart and soul player and ex-teammate of Hall. I think his skillset will complement Hall and Drai perfectly.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo

In a cap world, I'm not so sure that's 100% accurate. Agree 100% that Eberle is the better player; however, I could see the appeal that Yakupov would have being a former #1 pick, cheap contract, etc.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The funny thing is for so-called "offensive D-Men", neither Severson or Jones have a single goal between them this year.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Give one example of a top player (not even a dman, to give you options) being moved for something like Yak + first without there being some conflict between said player and the team. Washington could fit him in stylistically, but they're not trading anyone significant to get Yakupov.
Yandle, Summers and a 4th was moved for Moore, Duclair, a 2nd and a conditional 1st

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

You're right. At least that trade gives us a center (albeit a lesser one) back. But RNH isn't a guy you move at this point. No Nuge last night and we lose the game in regulation.

If we're grabbing those potential top pairing guys, we need to be looking at Reinhart type deals, those Hamilton type deals. No one's going to miss draft picks. But you will miss your top line center.

Yakupov is definitely a moveable piece, but you need to question if the return is worthwhile moving a guy who's going to score 30 next to McDavid while making only $2.5m for the next two years.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Yandle, Summers and a 4th was moved for Moore, Duclair, a 2nd and a conditional 1st

So in this comparison Yandle is the quality of dman we'd be trading him for? I would hope we're shooting higher than that. Not to mention that was a team blowing it up for picks and prospects more than anything else.

I don't see any teams doing that right now. Perhaps the Sharks if they suddenly fall apart again.

Plus, I'm assuming Duclair is the 'Yakupov' in this trade - who's the Moore we're sending off with him? Pouliot?

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
RNH is not a bit better than Henrique.

RNH is a work horse playing 21+ mins against top competition while Henrique hasn't broke 45 pts in years.. Severe downgrade there. Not to mention Henrique is 3 years older than Nuge.

Damon Severson is not going to come remotely close to making up for the difference between Henrique and Nuge. He's playing ~18 mins a game in NJ as a 21 year old so it's not like he's lighting the world on fire. For all we know, Severson could end up being a Taylor Chorney and we're sitting here with a 40 pt center and Chorney 2.0 while NJ has Nuge +.

RNH is overrated in a sense, people who are holding onto the same idea that he will eventually break out into this PPG player while playing Selke-like. I mean if you're not getting major points with Hall-Eberle then I doubt he will ever. What you can expect from RNH in his prime is a 60-point producer 2-way guy. That's not the difference between Henrique+Severson tho.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
McDavid looked pretty useless without Yak but go ahead and trade him. Good call.

Are you seriously going to try and spin it that yak is the reason why McDavid started piling up points? Without Mcdavid yak would be lucky to have 4-5 points on the season. I'm willing to bet yak will be long gone before they even consider moving eberle...

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
RNH is overrated in a sense, people who are holding onto the same idea that he will eventually break out into this PPG player while playing Selke-like. I mean if you're not getting major points with Hall-Eberle then I doubt he will ever. What you can expect from RNH in his prime is a 60-point producer 2-way guy. That's not the difference between Henrique+Severson tho.

Not sure what I've missed, but Nuge is tied for goals on this team and 3 points back of Hall. On pace for 65-70 points. And this is during what people seem to be calling him playing bad.

Playing bad putting up those kind of points, I'll take it.

McDeathbyCheerios*

So in this comparison Yandle is the quality of dman we'd be trading him for? I would hope we're shooting higher than that. Not to mention that was a team blowing it up for picks and prospects more than anything else.

I don't see any teams doing that right now. Perhaps the Sharks if they suddenly fall apart again.

Plus, I'm assuming Duclair is the 'Yakupov' in this trade - who's the Moore we're sending off with him? Pouliot?
Nikitin is the Moore or perhaps Fayne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad