Rumor: Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXVII: Viva la St.Louis! [Mod Warning post #1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Anyone hear Pierre McGuire on the Fan on Thursday talking about this situation? He said he used to be represented by Callahan's agent Kurt Overhardt. Said that Overhardt is a great negotiator and he seemed somewhat surprised at the reports that these negotiations have hit a deadlock.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
A good boss would say "Thanks for your contributions, I hope you find what demands you're looking for."

Not be a bratty ******* about it.
Im sorry but nobody is bashing the guy, The poster who you are calling bratty didnt really insult him. He simply said cally isnt playing anywhere close to warrant a huge contract. I like callahan just as much as you do and i think he deserves complments for his heart but you cant overpay him

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Anyone hear Pierre McGuire on the Fan on Thursday talking about this situation? He said he used to be represented by Callahan's agent Kurt Overhardt. Said that Overhardt is a great negotiator and he seemed somewhat surprised at the reports that these negotiations have hit a deadlock.

Yeah I did hear that ... but had no idea what to make of it.

rangers91*

st.louis with another 2 goal game, can yzerman give this guy up?, he's on fire

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
At this point if we can't get anything for Cally, we should just keep him and let him walk. We're not getting MSL, even for a package.

RonGreschner

Apr 9, 2007
I have a feeling Sather is going to be a big player in the trade deadline and I just hope he doesn't unload too much. I wouldn't be surprised to see Brassard, Stralman Dorsett Boyle and Stepan all traded.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
At this point if we can't get anything for Cally, we should just keep him and let him walk. We're not getting MSL, even for a package.

I'm sure we can get a prospect package, who knows what though. Maybe living in the HFBoards Verse is messing with me but it feels like this is such a cloud over the team that we're better off with the prospect depth.

I'll hit and run and say I want to see Callahan + Stepan for Yakupov though

mti79

May 11, 2007
We all know what type of player Cally is. He is they guy who will go through a wall for you. He can score, he is decent on the pp (especially in front of the net) and he is a great pk'er. That said, I don't see him as a fit in our top 6 this year, next year or going forward. For that reason alone, the Rangers should not pay him the kind of money he is looking for. You can take $7 Million and pay $4 to a 2/3 liner with offensive upside and $1.5-2 M on a defensive 3/4 liner. Resign Taco, Moore, Boyle, Stralman. You'd have largely the same team which is competing and they'd have another year of chemistry. Maybe a trade comes along that allows us to add a top notch offensive talent. Maybe a free agent doesn't find the market they envisioned and comes to NY. There are a lot of uncertainities sure, but at least we're not tied into a contract that a lot of us are very worried about coming back to bite us in the butt later.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Taco-Brass-MZA
Hagelin-Miller/Richards-Fast?
Boyle-Moore-Carcillo

Maybe Lindberg/Hrivik can make a jump. Maybe Richie is bought out. Maybe maybe maybe...

McD-G
Staal-Stral
Moore-Klein
McI/Allen/Falk/FA

AHB*

Represented him as a coach?

I have a feeling that Callahans 30 - 45 million dollar negotiations are much more complicated then Pierre McGuire's.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Is it overreaction? probably.. but right now I'd have no problem dealing Stepan.. he's on my **** list for his hold out and his play, AND he's going to be a headache to re sign if he does get it together (we saw this last off season)

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Is it overreaction? probably.. but right now I'd have no problem dealing Stepan.. he's on my **** list for his hold out and his play, AND he's going to be a headache to re sign if he does get it together (we saw this last off season)

I mean technically he didn't hold out, He didn't have a contract. I don't know about you but if I didn't have a contract to work somewhere I wouldn't work there without a contract

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Exactly. The hold out was 1 thing but the fact that he has played like crap the whole year is something that hurt the team IMO. Most of his points ahve come from secondar assist liek today's games which was abad pass that nash turned into a sweet setup for the CK goal.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I mean technically he didn't hold out, He didn't have a contract. I don't know about you but if I didn't have a contract to work somewhere I wouldn't work there without a contract

yeah, but you know what I mean.. and he's played horrible this year.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I wouldn't trade Stepan unless a SIGNIFICANT upgrade is coming back and is around the same age.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I wouldn't trade Stepan unless a SIGNIFICANT upgrade is coming back and is around the same age.

no team is stupid enough to do that.

sorry, I hate him right now. I'm probably not the right guy to discuss this :laugh:

RonGreschner

Apr 9, 2007
I hope they don't deal Stepan but look what happens when you hold out for the Rangers, Dubinsky and Del Zoto traded.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
no team is stupid enough to do that.

sorry, I hate him right now. I'm probably not the right guy to discuss this :laugh:

We'll obviously it wouldn't be a 1 for 1, but Stepan has good value and will be a good player. I don't see him falling off a cliff like MDZ

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
As backwards as it sounds... holding on to him is a better idea as of now, you aren't going to get a large significant upgrade for him right now because that shortened season could be looked as an anomaly and not the norm.

can we re do the ROR deal from last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad