Speculation: Trade / Roster Speculation Thread XXX: Don't You Do It, Slats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraAlphanse

I'll consider this thread a failure until there is confirmation that Callahan has been traded or signed to a 5 year 5 million dollar contract (impossible).

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

XXXI or Callahan gets re-signed.

Let's get to work, people.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
We made it to XXX! And just in time for the inevitable Callahan contract that will **** this team over for the next decade.

Right now, I'm hanging on to a very small hope that Sather doesn't cave and sign Callahan to a moronic deal of any sort. Trade him. Even if it's not full value.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
At this point, I'd welcome Callahan for a conditional 7th rounder if it meant not re-signing him to that amount.

This is a disaster waiting to happen

Come on now. This has to be the pinnacle of absurdity.

I'd wager that if Cally signs, there are going to be alot of people feeling very silly roughly a year from now.

AHB*

What was that chicago rumor, i dont' have twitter. please quote :)

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Or Chicago and St. Louis would just beat themselves up each year in the playoffs.

And then we would be stuck with our $6 MM man.

BarbaraAlphanse

At this point, I'd welcome Callahan for a conditional 7th rounder if it meant not re-signing him to that amount.

This is a disaster waiting to happen

I think in a 24 hour span you have come up with the worst possible trade scenarios that have ever been seen on this board.

Congrats. It's a tough accomplishment but you're now a member of the elite that can boast this title.

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
All this Callahan resign or trade stuff is really starting to piss me off knowing that we have hope that Sather does the right thing in this situation :facepalm:

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
But seriously, what does it say that the overwhelming majority of us oppose this deal? And Callahan is one of the most beloved players in Rangers history.

Sather has no sense of reality and couldn't care less about the fan base. Same goes for James Dolan, who is more culpable than anyone due to his apathy for the Rangers. A real owner would be fed up that after 14 years, we're only sniffed the Cup once. And this in New York of all places.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I think in a 24 hour span you have come up with the worst possible trade scenarios that have ever been seen on this board.

Congrats. It's a tough accomplishment but you're now a member of the elite that can boast this title.

Not even close. There is one particular member who proudly boasts that honor and will for quite some time.

If we resign Callahan I am betting we don't make any notable moves at the deadline.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
@Aportzline: #CBJ GM Jarmo Kekalainen knee deep right now, trying to move Marian Gaborik. Believe they're looking for immediate help on defense.

For stralman :sarcasm:

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Although Lawton is semi credible and was an NHL GM, he reported about a week ago that Miller was staying in Buffalo and getting an extension. That was wrong, although with the LaFontaine business, I guess it could have been good info that Lawton shared and just didn't come true with the whole circus over there. Kesler in Chicago would be the perfect fit.

As for Cally, it's just amusing that Glen supposedly have him an ultimatum and then completely ignored it. No backbone in this whole process. I wish he would have traded him for a sub, sub, sub par return. A 2nd and a 3rd. It would be a disappointing return, but way less disppointing than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad