Trade Proposals and Free Agency Thread - 2017 Edition Pt. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

IWD

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Tavares may not re-sign in Long Island, so I assume they want to show him that they're serious about competing so that he does. The Leafs could, theoretically send a top six winger and a top four defenseman, and, say, Martin to the Islanders for their run. What other needs does Long Island have?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Tavares may not re-sign in Long Island, so I assume they want to show him that they're serious about competing so that he does. The Leafs could, theoretically send a top six winger and a top four defenseman, and, say, Martin to the Islanders for their run. What other needs does Long Island have?

Don't think their cap can absorb all that.

I think they need a defenseman and a 3rd line centre.

I would like to trade Matt Martin but don't think he will be moved until July 1st when we pay his bonus.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Gardiner and Bozak?

For?

Who's playing Gardiner's minutes? If we didn't have him with both Rielly and Zaitsev out we'd be so screwed.

Until Dermott fully solidifies himself as a 2nd pairing defenseman (which could take until next year) Gardiner won't be moved I don't think.

IWD

May 28, 2003
Visit site
For?

Who's playing Gardiner's minutes? If we didn't have him with both Rielly and Zaitsev out we'd be so screwed.

Until Dermott fully solidifies himself as a 2nd pairing defenseman (which could take until next year) Gardiner won't be moved I don't think.

Pulock +. Could probably pry a fair bit out, if they think that's what they need.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Isles do not need a top 6 winger.Their top 2 lines Lee-Tavares-Bailey and Ladd/Beau-Barzal-Eberle are among the most productive in the league.
Stop offering pieces the other team does not want or need.

Isles have De Haan out for the season, but expect Boychuk back. Press says they are shopping for a top 4 defenseman. They have been linked to Barrie/Green.

I am meh on Martin returning.He will not boost the crappy PK and Johnston who fills his role is younger, cheaper.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Pulock +. Could probably pry a fair bit out, if they think that's what they need.
No bud.
23 yr old Pulock is developing very nicely and will not be traded for a struggling Gardiner + impending ufa Bozak .

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
No bud.
23 yr old Pulock is developing very nicely and will not be traded for a struggling Gardiner + impending ufa Bozak .

What about Mitch Marner and Travis Dermott for Mathew Barzal and Ryan Pulock?.

Then Bozak can leave as UFA and Leafs have a top 6 C to replace him, and the hard shooting Pulock and his 100+ MPH slap shot form the point addresses the PP and has that point man addressed.

Pulock had a 5 point game last week so hard to imagine the Isles deal him though.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Then Bozak can leave as UFA and Leafs have a top 6 C to replace him, and the hard shooting Pulock and his 100+ MPH slap shot form the point addresses the PP and has that point man addressed.

Pulock had a 5 point game last week so hard to imagine the Isles deal him though.

You misspelled Matthews when you wrote Marner+Dermott.
20 yr old Barzal's 51 points would lead the Leafs in scoring.
Isles would not trade Barzal alone for Marner +Dermott.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Do you like the Isles chances in the next few years?
Depends on Tavares staying and how key youngsters Barzal/Pulock/Beau/JHS do.I am happy with 3 of the 4 so far.
isles need a quality goalie and another top 4 D.
Not sitting on the fence, just to many unknowns at this point.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
You misspelled Matthews when you wrote Marner+Dermott.
20 yr old Barzal's 51 points would lead the Leafs in scoring.
Isles would not trade Barzal alone for Marner +Dermott.

Sorry Bud tooooo rich for my blood, I'm Out !!!

Perhaps Leafs will have to watch closely what happens with JT and see if he wants to come home should he hit UFA market this summer to weigh his options.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton

really don't think the Isles will consider trading Barzal for anything but an upgrade at the same position in the same age range

I think right now the common perception would be:

Barzal>Marner
Pulock>Dermott

but also that Dermott is much safer than Pulock as a bigger minute defenseman, and that Pulock is going to hurt some of his own players with that shot just like Weber has and maybe that's not the best idea for us with all of the valuable young forwards we have

this Ozhiganov kid that we're supposed to sign in the offseason has a near 100mph shot too, not quite in Pulock's league but pretty good

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
really don't think the Isles will consider trading Barzal for anything but an upgrade at the same position in the same age range

I think right now the common perception would be:

Barzal>Marner
Pulock>Dermott

but also that Dermott is much safer than Pulock as a bigger minute defenseman, and that Pulock is going to hurt some of his own players with that shot just like Weber has and maybe that's not the best idea for us with all of the valuable young forwards we have

this Ozhiganov kid that we're supposed to sign in the offseason has a near 100mph shot too, not quite in Pulock's league but pretty good

I agree with all that.

Although I don't think I would be as afraid of having a big hard hitting hard shooting Dman firing away from the point on the PP, based on the fear of hurting your own players. The opposition should be more worried than friendly fire. IMO

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Forget Tavares fantasy LOL.

Zetterberg and Green and a conditional 2nd. in 2020.
for
1st. round pick (top 5 protected) 2018, Carrick, Gauthier, A.Johnsson, Bozak, Lupul, Fehr and conditional 2nd. in 2020.

Zetterberg plays the most minutes for their forwards at even strength, which he wouldn't have to do in Toronto for the next 3 years after this one.

Wings are at 46 contracts (-2 +5 = 49)

Bozak, Fehr, Lupul to balance the cap wings might have to retain 1 on Green.
Zetterberg gets 1 million last 2 years, so easily tradeable to a cap floor team if he retires and that gives the Leafs the 2nd. Leafs make 2nd./3rd. round with Zetterberg playing Wings get 2nd.
Leafs give some assets to help the Wing seriously get into their overdue rebuild.

... gotta go change the laundry!

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I agree with all that.

Although I don't think I would be as afraid of having a big hard hitting hard shooting Dman firing away from the point on the PP, based on the fear of hurting your own players. The opposition should be more worried than friendly fire. IMO
it would be a nice thing to have on the PP for sure, but the injuries are a bit of a qualifier to me. Not many guys get these kinds of highlight videos made about them:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
When I watch our team, I just see a group of guys that has had a couple really deflating lines defensively. The last couple games has improved them drastically.

Hyman Matthews Nylander -Good
Marleau Kadri Marner -Good
JVR Bozak Brown -Adequate w/Brown
Kappy Moore Komarov -Ade, sub Moore

Vs. The old platform of having Komarov destroy offense for Kadri. JVR Bozak Marner not having a guy to fall back on like Brown. The 4th line was missing a real player like Kappy and utilized Moore and Martin, total recipe for disaster. Goat was better for sure than Moore.

I think the new lines will be almost like trading for new players and also should make us productive on the score board and also aid us defensively. Polak is still a mess and outside that if they left the team as is, I think we should be fun to watch in the PO. Maybe not win it all, but 1 round if we are engaged. Tampa/Boston is realistically tough to overcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad