Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I think the ideal trading partner is Dallas. Other conference, struggling offensively but stingy defensively. Perhaps trading Desharnais for a Dallas defenceman. I don't know which D, but it might be a deal that helps both teams. Not to mention Gainey is there, and he might find a right fit for Desharnais.

Robidas may be the most attainable but I'd set my eyes on Daley. And keep in mind that the way Dallas has been shaping up, their focus is strong on being bigger and younger. Look at their roster players and recent drafted players (Ritchie, Nichushkin, Chiasson, Stransky, Faksa, Oleksiak, etc.) Desharnais is unlikely to be a convincing target.

Where Dallas is concerned taking the new GM into consideration is big, now that Byron Ritchie is playing in the KHL and Nicushkin, Chiasson and Cole are the RW's ahead of Ritchie. It's not a stetch to see a deal being made for Ritchie, and by the time he's back the Habs could have room on their wings for him to step in.

Remember Nill (Detroit Asst.) will want a creative veteran center to set up these big wingers and Desharnais has proven he's more than capable as Cole can attest.:nod: The Habs will have Lehkonen and other centers ready from the system in 2-3 yrs. that can replace DD at that point.:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad