Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Byron contract is god garbage and he's on a back to back injuries in the last year. Also , he had a terrible year this season with 1 goal and was playing on a 4th liner and even hit the hot dog stands for a night.

If we could get Puuljarvi whos still pretty young , it would be a steal.
I don't think it's worth giving up on Byron at this point. Might as well hope his value will go up once he comes back from injury.

Reactions: loudi94

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Our fan base at their best

Player x is in a rough stretch = he’s done, garbage

maybe wait and see before always thinking the worst
Or maybe that guy was already regressing on his signing year , instead of getting a good asset give him the golden bridge.

Bergevin vision in a nutshell.

He started the season on a 4th line and he was not able to keep up. It's okay , its only 3.1m into a 4th liner.

Reactions: habsfan891

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Or maybe that guy was already regressing on his signing year , instead of getting a good asset give him the golden bridge.

Bergevin vision in a nutshell.

He started the season on a 4th line and he was not able to keep up. It's okay , its only 3.1m into a 4th liner.
Byron was on pace for 45 points last year which would have been a career year. He looked really bad this year but it's only 19 games and his injuries seem mysterious so it could have been part of the reason why he sucked. I doubt he will rot in the AHL next year unless something drastic happens to him.

Reactions: scrubadam

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Byron was on pace for 45 points last year which would have been a career year. He looked really bad this year but it's only 19 games and his injuries seem mysterious so it could have been part of the reason why he sucked. I doubt he will rot in the AHL next year unless something drastic happens to him.
When i say next year , im talking after expansion ( i was not really precise)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Will Dale Weise be able to get us a 5th by the deadline if he keeps playing like this?

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Tatar need to be traded at the deadline what ever pick we get for him next year probably won’t even be a NHLer even less a top 6.
So we need to try and maximize return this year.
Petry is in the same situation, but if he isn’t there it will be a mess. You need some stability to develop young players it might be more important for the good of the team for him to play than to get they extra pick vs. next year so the offer would really good.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
that's bold, I haven't seen him this year with NYR but have heard that some aren't happy with his play and usage (I'm not a fan of their coach at least at the NCAA level) but figured no way would they consider moving the 2nd OA this early.

I watched the CBJ Rangers game, and I read a bit of the Rangers GDT and the NYR HF Boarders are not happy with Kakko and wants him in the AHL. I barely noticed he was playing.

Reactions: montreal

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Say we keep winning and we go into the wildcard race. I think we should do a blockbuster trade at the TDL and just go for it. Not sacrificing youth or anything like that but like say trade Gally + for a Seguin, something like that.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Say we keep winning and we go into the wildcard race. I think we should do a blockbuster trade at the TDL and just go for it. Not sacrificing youth or anything like that but like say trade Gally + for a Seguin, something like that.

Bergevin remains our largest limitation. A limitation with biceps, look at that.

A "blockbuster" trade is a major, major move. We need to be realistic and look at his last full press conference + the quotes Lebrun & Lavoie have been gathering over the last few games. He ain't moving big. He found Kovy at the discount counter over at the Salvation Army, this is typical Him. He has no locker room problem whatsoever, the only little hill on the horizon is Domi's raise in the summer. He and the fans love all of Price, Weber, Petry, Tatar, Domi, Danault, Drouin, Gallagher, Armia and Lehkonen. All 24+, some +++. There will be no blockbuster, he doesn't want to upset the room I'm sure. Weber is his dream captain - point blank.

And since he will "not mortgage the future" I can't see a 1st (even in 2022) being traded for help at the TDL. Expect the 2020 version of Dwight King. Just the thought of 'going for it' roughly a month before the deadline with a long break starting now, is the very definition of hopelessness if you look at the standings.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't think it's worth giving up on Byron at this point. Might as well hope his value will go up once he comes back from injury.

Yes, similarly how we managed Shaw with his up/down value from season to season. The only thing to consider though is if we have plans to sign someone like Hall this summer. If that's the plan, Byron should be moved for whatever we can get. Is he harder to move this season or in the summer? :dunno:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Will Dale Weise be able to get us a 5th by the deadline if he keeps playing like this?

No idea what we could get for Weise but he is playing very well. What's funny though is we have lots of smurfs and whenever a guys like Weise and Thompson play well, we turn heads cause they stand out in the physical department. It really is a relative world. Regardless, Weise has been very effective lately.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Tatar need to be traded at the deadline what ever pick we get for him next year probably won’t even be a NHLer even less a top 6.
So we need to try and maximize return this year.
Petry is in the same situation, but if he isn’t there it will be a mess. You need some stability to develop young players it might be more important for the good of the team for him to play than to get they extra pick vs. next year so the offer would really good.

I disagree we should be desperate to move both Tatar and Petry cause we think we can get a boat load of futures now vs the draft or this summer. What did the Kings get for Muzzin?

- 2019 1st = Bjornfot. Another Brook type
- Grundstrome. Another Olofsson type we already have
- Durzi. 9 pts in 29 games as a pro this year.

We don't need more grade B prospects. So if I move Tatar for example, think Pens for their 2021 1st and Poulin. If they say no, keep Tatar. I don't support liquidating them in trades for whatever we can get which likely turns into more grade B's. We need to think deeper than that and thinking that other teams will give us what we want is a dream.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I disagree we should be desperate to move both Tatar and Petry cause we think we can get a boat load of futures now vs the draft or this summer. What did the Kings get for Muzzin?

- 2019 1st = Bjornfot. Another Brook type
- Grundstrome. Another Olofsson type we already have
- Durzi. 9 pts in 29 games as a pro this year.

We don't need more grade B prospects. So if I move Tatar for example, think Pens for their 2021 1st and Poulin. If they say no, keep Tatar. I don't support liquidating them in trades for whatever we can get which likely turns into more grade B's. We need to think deeper than that and thinking that other teams will give us what we want is a dream.

I not saying to liquidate them, like you said we don’t need more suspect... this is the TDL to get a grade A prospect for Tatar, next year is value has a pure rental will drop significantly. Demand for Petry (a D with size and skating) will still be high regardless and but we won’t be able to replace him,
So it would take a very significant over payement for me to move him this year vs. Tatar I would aim for the moon but at the end of the day I would take the best deal as long it was worth having a better idea off what we will be getting next year and him being easier to replace.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I not saying to liquidate them, like you said we don’t need more suspect... this is the TDL to get a grade A prospect for Tatar, next year is value has a pure rental will drop significantly. Demand for Petry (a D with size and skating) will still be high regardless and but we won’t be able to replace him,
So it would take a very significant over payement for me to move him this year vs. Tatar I would aim for the moon but at the end of the day I would take the best deal as long it was worth having a better idea off what we will be getting next year and him being easier to replace.

I don't think too many teams trade both a 1st and a grade A asset these days. I support trying for it but not going to pretend it will happen for sure if we shop them. We held onto Patch cause Bergevin didn't get the return he wanted. NHL GM's like to take advantage... that I do know

What would you value more? Tatar for a late 1st and grade B prospects or we wait for the draft and possibly get a 15th pick where we know a guy is available that we really like?

There are many different outcomes that may or may not happen. As fans, we don't get to see the real offers.

Reactions: scrubadam

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
I don't think too many teams trade both a 1st and a grade A asset these days. I support trying for it but not going to pretend it will happen for sure if we shop them. We held onto Patch cause Bergevin didn't get the return he wanted. NHL GM's like to take advantage... that I do know

What would you value more? Tatar for a late 1st and grade B prospects or we wait for the draft and possibly get a 15th pick where we know a guy is available that we really like?

There are many different outcomes that may or may not happen. As fans, we don't get to see the real offers.

I wish people would get it through their heads that Tatar or any of the "good players" aren't going anywhere. I've said it before and I'll say it again, MB will be pushing for the playoffs until the end. Always has. He'll also want to build with players like Tatar, Petry, Price, Weber, etc to make the playoffs next year. It's always been how he works but you'd think by reading this board that it's his first year in his job. If anyone goes it'll be the "scraps". He's not going to trade a guy like Tatar and then come July 1st scramble to try and sign other players like Tatar. He'll look to add to them.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I wish people would get it through their heads that Tatar or any of the "good players" aren't going anywhere. I've said it before and I'll say it again, MB will be pushing for the playoffs until the end. Always has. He'll also want to build with players like Tatar, Petry, Price, Weber, etc to make the playoffs next year. It's always been how he works but you'd think by reading this board that it's his first year in his job. If anyone goes it'll be the "scraps". He's not going to trade a guy like Tatar and then come July 1st scramble to try and sign other players like Tatar. He'll look to add to them.

I think he will be open to trading Tatar but only if it's pry away value. Teams will be calling for sure and Bergevin will listen but he won't be trading him for cheap or a fair return to the other team. Give us a offer we can't refuse or don't call

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
I think he will be open to trading Tatar but only if it's pry away value. Teams will be calling for sure and Bergevin will listen but he won't be trading him for cheap or a fair return to the other team. Give us a offer we can't refuse or don't call

Of course he'll listen even if he says he won't, that's his job. But we all know the same song and dance every year at the TDL and everyone gets upset about it.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad