Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Well, some people are free to judge by points, or whatever kind of stats they feel most comfortable with, but I don't think anyone watching him out here has described him as anything but; pretty much from day 1. Everyone grows, learns, adjusts, etc, but all I can tell you is that particular feature is something that he has exhibited since I've been able to watch him regularly.

Drouin, to me, has a quicker, more accurate eye, but it's subject to a bit of tunnel vision. It means he's able to creatively work his way from obstacle to obstacle, and has the skills to elude people, but he always leaves me with the feeling that he spends a lot of extra energy improvising from step to step. I think that's why we heard scouting from training camp about TB not being impressed with the amount he seemed to be trying to beat people from a stand-still; taking the time to be extra careful as he read, reacted, executed. MacKinnon is almost never at a stand-still, and yet he most often seems to be in the right position - at either end of the ice - just "feeling" the space around him and constantly moving through it.

How MacKinnon gets around the ice benefits him more than Drouin's ability to see and interpret the ice benefits him, imo, and that will be a defining difference between what kind of niche they end up carving out for themselves at the NHL level. That, and MacKinnon's shot, of course, which Drouin will likely never be able to touch in terms of release or reliability.

I said this last year, I think MacKinnon will 5reach the 30-30-60 or 35-35-70 level pretty quick but peak there. Drouin will take a bit more time but will end up a 25-30 goal 45-55 assist player and make guys around him better like St.Louis or Toews does.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
P.K. Subban for Gabriel Landeskog
Daniel Brière and Doug Murray for Mathieu Perreault
Raphael Diaz for Tom Gilbert

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Landeskog - Plekanec - Eller
Bourque - Perreault - Gionta
Moen - Prust - Thomas

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Beaulieu
Pateryn - Gilbert

LOL

Subban for Landeskog, are you drunk?

Landeskog would be a nice guy to have but Subban makes a much bigger impact on the game and has 50-60% more value.

Lebrun reports the Nucks want to get younger.

Would Burrows be a good fit on this team?

32yo 0 goals so far this year in 24 games. 4 assist and -9. 3 more years on his deal at 4.5M...kinda scary.

That's a tough one. If not for his contract he'd be a guy to take a chance on, but he's declined the last 2 years. Injuries have piled up and this year he is crap.

I'm not even sure I'd trade Bourque(2 years left at 3.3 mil) for him(3 years left at 4.5 mil)...maybe if they ate half his cap hit...

what the hell Drouin is doing in that list ??

Drouin has ridiculous vision and hockey sense.

Trade the following for picks and prospects: gionta, briere, bourque, markov, boullion, budaj, leblanc, etc. then get a high draft ranking, graduate pateryn and tinordi, and make this our rebuild year! Giv'r!

I don't see trading Plekanec or Markov unless it's a big overpayment. Going too young at once is a bad idea, just look at the Oilers. Having guys like that around is a big boost to the young players' development and trumps the high pick or top prospect you can get back.

I don't see the point of trading LeBlanc, if anything he needs to be called up AFTER some vets are moved and play top 9 to show what he can do.

The others I agree we should be shopping them...

Reading some of these posts, I don't know whether to cry or throw up!

1. Bergevin NEEDS to sign PK now; he's not going anywhere unless you're getting a Duschene, McKinnon type player and MORE! He's a top 5 Dman in this league for the next decade barring injury. We haven't had a player like that since Chelios!

2. I would trade Markov for the right price, a 2nd round pick in the 2015 draft and a physical forward with even a consistent 15 goal 25 points track record. We are not getting any offense from our third and fourth lines this year. I'd even trade Markov for a top tier prospect plus a 1st pick. I'm not sure the market will bear that out though.

3. I would NOT trade Pleky for anything more than a massive overpayment and teams like Chicago are looking and have good prospects. He's just so valuable to us on specialty teams which is the Only way we win.

4. My HOPE is that we add by subtraction and move a few players like Gionta, Bourque, Briere, DD, Boullion, Moen, Diaz at the trade deadline. Obviously not all of them will go but even if a majority of them are gone, I really dont see a huge drop off if you give there time to guys like Bournival, Thomas, Pateryn and a few of the kids. increase Galchenyuk's ice time as well and let him player center!

While we've played two solid games since the slide, we still don't have the talent or depth to be a true contender and while Bergervin is preaching patience, let's get the process started now and get what you can for players that are clearly not part of the future.

Pk needs to be signed but it's a negotiation, I'd rather wait and sign him for 7 years at 53 mil than panic and give him 6 years at 50 mil.

I would want(and get) a lot more than a 2nd and a prospect for Markov. I'm not sure he should be moved, having him here helps develop the young guys without throwing them into the fire, like Beaulieu right now and Gallagher/Galchenyuk last year.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Reading some of these posts, I don't know whether to cry or throw up!

1. Bergevin NEEDS to sign PK now; he's not going anywhere unless you're getting a Duschene, McKinnon type player and MORE! He's a top 5 Dman in this league for the next decade barring injury. We haven't had a player like that since Chelios!

2. I would trade Markov for the right price, a 2nd round pick in the 2015 draft and a physical forward with even a consistent 15 goal 25 points track record. We are not getting any offense from our third and fourth lines this year. I'd even trade Markov for a top tier prospect plus a 1st pick. I'm not sure the market will bear that out though.

3. I would NOT trade Pleky for anything more than a massive overpayment and teams like Chicago are looking and have good prospects. He's just so valuable to us on specialty teams which is the Only way we win.

4. My HOPE is that we add by subtraction and move a few players like Gionta, Bourque, Briere, DD, Boullion, Moen, Diaz at the trade deadline. Obviously not all of them will go but even if a majority of them are gone, I really dont see a huge drop off if you give there time to guys like Bournival, Thomas, Pateryn and a few of the kids. increase Galchenyuk's ice time as well and let him player center!

While we've played two solid games since the slide, we still don't have the talent or depth to be a true contender and while Bergervin is preaching patience, let's get the process started now and get what you can for players that are clearly not part of the future.

This is one of the best posts. on this thread. I agree with your point four, but the problem is- not many want those guys and those that do won't want to give up much. I can't see much improvement trading any of those guys because I doubt we get anything of value back except a few mid draft picks.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
yet, the guy you think is better is still a Junior while the other is a NHLer...

Doesn't necessarily mean his analysis his wrong, some players are simply more NHL ready at an earlier age due to other factors, particularly physically.

But I do think MacKinnon will be a better player and have a better peak at the NHL level (although Drouin playing with Stamkos will allow him rack up dem assists). Drouin has more wow factor with his hands, but I think MacKinnon has a more rounded skill set with his skating and shot.

Last edited:

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I said this last year, I think MacKinnon will 5reach the 30-30-60 or 35-35-70 level pretty quick but peak there. Drouin will take a bit more time but will end up a 25-30 goal 45-55 assist player and make guys around him better like St.Louis or Toews does.

Yeah, well, good luck with that I guess.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
I wouldn't trade Moen like some suggest.

He wouldn't bring much in a trade while he's very valuable as a 4th liner, great on the PK, can chip on the third line from time to time, will drop the gloves from time to time, big, not slow at all.

A team needs some vets for the youngsters and for a certain sense of continuity and stability. Moen wouldn't be the best at that, but wouldn't be the worst either.

All in all, better keep him until the end of the contract, and until a young player takes his place based on merit.

Lozela

Nov 11, 2010
It's now that you see that this team is not well managed.

Pateryn should be on the team already and Beaulieu should be the next in line. I don't know why they resigned Drewski. Now they will have 3 rookie Def in the line up with Tinordi.

It's time to resign Markov and make sure that he doesn't play more than 20 mins a game to stay effective.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
How is he done ? Ruutu would be 11th on the team in points. He'd be first by a long shot in hits.

2013/10/13 Missed 5 games (lower body injury).

2013/04/04 Missed 2 games (lower body injury).

2013/03/21 Missed 29 games (hip surgery).

2012/03/10 Missed 10 games (upper body injury).

2010/04/11 Missed the last 9 regular season games (right shoulder surgery).

2010/02/09 Missed 15 games (upper body injury).

2009/11/27 Missed 1 game (lower body injury).

2009/05/26 Missed 1 playoff game (lower body injury).

2009/05/23 Missed 1 playoff game (lower body injury).

2008/10/25 Missed 3 games (groin).

2007/10/06 Missed 1 game (knee injury).

2006/10/30 Missed 10 games (sprained left knee).

2006/04/12 Missed 37 games (right ankle injury).

2006/01/02 Missed 25 games (back injury).

2005/11/01 Missed 5 games (back injury).

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
so, who would you trade subban for? :sarcasm:

in all seriousness i dont feel comfortable paying him a penny over 7.5M, and hes probably gonna get 9M+ =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad