Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
To 1993, if you read my post you will see that I am not interested in moving Patches ( you said top scorer and top forward so I assume you mean him ) and I just went through what I think it would take to land Kane, ending up with a suggested trade of Pleks and Gorges for Kane. I mentioned Gallagher because I think that could make the trade work , but I do not want to move Gallagher, so put in Gorges and why I think the Jets could live with him to make the trade work.

You know if Kane is nuts then I don't want him. However if Kane needs a little patience and what you get is a big, fast , skilled and aggressive 22 year old power forward then I don't get how this trade ...ruins the franchise... . I mean if you think minus Pleks and Gorges plus Kane and a UFA D man we are worse off fair enough, but calm the hell down. You don't win the Cup with lunch pail talent, you need talent with a lunch pail attitude and that means quality pieces. Guess what sunshine, most GMs wont give you gold for a pile of garbage and if you think we should wait until we have a chance of being on the other side of a Gomez like deal, well we wont be winning the Cup for a long time.

Oct 22, 2012
If the habs take Volchenkov, it will be doing them a solid just like the Cole-Ryder trade.

What about Reid Boucher/Eric Gelinas + Volchenkov for Briere?

Last edited:

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
If the habs take Volchenkov, it will be doing them a solid just like the Cole-Ryder trade.

What about Reid Boucher/Eric Gelinas + Volchenkov for Briere?

No chance the Devils would trade either of those two, even if they have to sweeten the pot in a Volchenkov/Briere swap (I'm not sure that they do, and if they do, it's not by a whole lot). Their prospect pool is pretty weak as it is.

Oct 22, 2012
Yeah, I was open to taking prospects, got excited and remembered Boucher played with Galchenyuk last year and voila a trade proposal. Wonder how many times that happens?

:sarcasm:

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I would do Briere for Volch but the Devils would need to retain some salary. Volch has regressed quite a bit and we can't afford to have him at that salary for two more years after this one.

Volch is better than Murray.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
I would do Briere for Volch but the Devils would need to retain some salary. Volch has regressed quite a bit and we can't afford to have him at that salary for two more years after this one.

What about Volch (1$M retained) for Bourque?

They both have 2 years left after this on their deal. I'd rather not give up Briere for Volch as Briere has one less year. Also, we may need Briere next year given the likely departure of Gionta.

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
To 1993, if you read my post you will see that I am not interested in moving Patches ( you said top scorer and top forward so I assume you mean him ) and I just went through what I think it would take to land Kane, ending up with a suggested trade of Pleks and Gorges for Kane. I mentioned Gallagher because I think that could make the trade work , but I do not want to move Gallagher, so put in Gorges and why I think the Jets could live with him to make the trade work.

You know if Kane is nuts then I don't want him. However if Kane needs a little patience and what you get is a big, fast , skilled and aggressive 22 year old power forward then I don't get how this trade ...ruins the franchise... . I mean if you think minus Pleks and Gorges plus Kane and a UFA D man we are worse off fair enough, but calm the hell down. You don't win the Cup with lunch pail talent, you need talent with a lunch pail attitude and that means quality pieces. Guess what sunshine, most GMs wont give you gold for a pile of garbage and if you think we should wait until we have a chance of being on the other side of a Gomez like deal, well we wont be winning the Cup for a long time.

Okay, sorry man i thought you meant both in the deal. I still don't like moving Pleks nor Patches. I would move Gorges but then we do need to find another top 4 dman. I would love to have Kane but would rather trade picks and prospects. Maybe we need to make a different trade first to get the pieces to make this happen? Sutter always liked Bourque (gave him the 6 year contract) so offer him for Frattin and then add Collberg, Beaulieu, and a 1st. Something like that anyways.
With Dallas fallling out of it we should target Chiasson. We need to get bigger on the wings. I think Kulikov would be a good addition from Florida for atop 4 dman.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

...no, he's about on equal footing now and the last thing we need is Volchenkov at any salary for two more years after this one...Murray is costing us far less and is only on contract for another couple of months...taking Volchenkov's contract would be the most moronic thing Bergevin could possibly do and would rival The Goat needlessly sticking us with Kaberle for boneheaded Habs moves...:help:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
What about Volch (1$M retained) for Bourque?

They both have 2 years left after this on their deal. I'd rather not give up Briere for Volch as Briere has one less year. Also, we may need Briere next year given the likely departure of Gionta.

:amazed:

...Volchenkov is redundant on the Habs roster...how many 5/6/7 LHD's do we need??...:shakehead

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Okay, sorry man i thought you meant both in the deal. I still don't like moving Pleks nor Patches. I would move Gorges but then we do need to find another top 4 dman. I would love to have Kane but would rather trade picks and prospects. Maybe we need to make a different trade first to get the pieces to make this happen? Sutter always liked Bourque (gave him the 6 year contract) so offer him for Frattin and then add Collberg, Beaulieu, and a 1st. Something like that anyways.
With Dallas fallling out of it we should target Chiasson. We need to get bigger on the wings. I think Kulikov would be a good addition from Florida for atop 4 dman.

No worries. I just see a couple key pieces of our core, like Patches and Price having contracts that expire in 4-5 years and see this as being our window to go for a Cup, because I do think we have quite a few good pieces. Though I fully believe in building through the Draft and developing your players, I also think there is a time to use those assets. So like you, I would prefer to move prospects and picks for a guy like Kane, but I don't see that as remotely possible. The Jets are not in a rebuild, they want to be in the play-offs and doing well right now ( not that they think they could make a run for the Cup, but they need to make their fans happy and ice a good team), so they will want assets back which will help now.

As to Chiasson, I have certainly kept an eye on him and it does not get any better than a big French-Canadian kid who scores. Only problem is he does not have any time in the NHL but the Stars will probably want you to pay them as if he is a 25-35 goal guy, and he has yet to prove he is. Its the case of being worth more to the team than his market value. It just makes sense for the Stars to hold onto him and see what he develops into than trading him unless its for a lot back. Kulikov is very interesting and would have to mean a big change in our top 4. Thing is you would have to be assured he wont take off for the KHL.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
If we make a move it'll be to get something for pending UFA Gionta Diaz Murray small or smaller trades. Teams don't make huge trades at the deadline. Bigger deals usually happens on draft day.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Personally I'd like to get a top 4 RHD with size and pay a bit to get it if we have to. However, I'd also like to see Pateryn get a shot at it first before that happens.

Other than that, Vanek is the only player I'd like to get on an expiring contract considering the prices will be high and he's exactly what the forward group needs.

firewagon77*

Bergevin if you are not going to trade Markov and get a 1st rounder and top prospect,like you said you were going to do build through the draft,then keep him and risk losing him for nothing in the off season or be forced to sign him to a 4 year contract,the same one Mark Streit just signed.....if you are going for it this year in a pretty wide open eastern conference......then try to trade for a tough D-man like Mark Stuart from the Jets in the last year of his contract,and get some size up front like Curtis Glencross,and trade a smaller skilled forward like Collberg and Raphael Diaz to the blues for some future size like Dmitrij Jaskin.

Habsterix*

If Galchenyuk had not gotten hurt and off the line-up for so long, I would have liked to see a similar trade to this one:

Tomas Plekanec ($5M) for Bryan Bickell ($4M) and prospect Adam Clendening.

I know that most wouldn't agree with it and they'd have a point, but I think that it would help the team in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad