Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - searching for a bargain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
i'd do Nuke for Beaulieu but i'd feel uneasy about it

I would too.

1 LD would be the next priority, but our needs on forward outweigh our needs on D.

I'm not totally convinced Beau is a 1D anyhow.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The reason our needs at forward outweigh our needs on defense is that we have Beaulieu.

Trading Beaulieu for a young forward merely shuffles things.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
one could argue that Kassian for Scrivens was out of "desperation"... or "panic"... or a few other words that may be too vulgur to get through the screen.

I don't see any desperation there, just getting rid of a guy that embarrassed the organisation. PR move more than anything and getting a goalie at the same time.

I would have preferred Khudobin to Scrivens...

Getting Drouin would be a waste. Unless you're looking for a talented winger for the 4th line. MT has no idea what to do with skilled players. Especially young, skilled players.

Drouin hasn't shown he is ready to be a top 6 NHLer so he wouldn't be an immediate fix.

What would you do with a young skill player that he doesn't?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
The reason our needs at forward outweigh our needs on defense is that we have Beaulieu.

Unless they think Beaulieu won't ever be a top pair guy.

I can see he is a guy that a coach would pull his hair out over...

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

if you cant find value elsewhere you'd have to think about making a trade like that tho.

sure we need a player like Beaulieu (young LHD with potential) but you can't ignore a player like Nichushkin either, he's a quality young forward w/ size that plays a complete game.

Last edited:

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Report from an unreliable source say Carr and Andrighetto are being sent down to AHL.

25stanley

If true I guess Weise is back

Prendan Brust

Jul 31, 2003
Québec
Personnally, I wouldn't hesitate to trade Beaulieu to get help on the top 2 lines. The problem is that I doubt he holds enough value to be the centerpiece of a deal that would fetch us good offensive help.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
That was dumping a guy who embarrassed the organization after being gifted a huge opportunity. I don't blame Bergevin for kicking Kassian off the team much like the Canucks had prior.

Dallas fans seem to be okay with the idea of a Beaulieu/Nuke swap. If that were to materialized, I would be thrilled.

I'm sure Galchenyuk would be happy too!!!! party time :yo:

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Yeah, we finally get our elite RW back. So thrilled, expect us to get back to winning.

I don't get Carr demotion. But he was placed on the 4th line last night undeservedly I thought.

EDIT: And folks lets chill this is not official nor from reliable source.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Incoming trade??

Carr and Ghetto sent down....something in the works?

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Weise doesn't take up two roster spots, though.

Not sure why, maybe Andrighetto could go down for more ice time maybe. He has been moving just not getting many chances.

Carr on the other hand has been crashing the net, fighting down low along the boards and has scoring chances each night so far. Like a lot are saying a Gallagher lite 2.0.

Somone posted maybe Weise and Gilbert are back.

But what doesn't make sense with this is the club will have:

Subban
Markov
Petry
Beaulieu
Emelin
Pateryn
Barberio
Tinordi
Gilbert

All up with the big club? I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad