Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - searching for a bargain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
DSP blows move him for anything

I would take a case of gatorade and 2 composite sticks for DSP and it would be a fair trade. How does he have an NHL job? What does he do on the ice? I watch the games and I see nothing.

If I was the coach I would send him out as the 6th player and the refs would not even notice, yes he's just so easy to miss.:laugh:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Without dumping salary we can't add offense...people can't seem to grasp that.

Eller making 3.5 mil for 25 points(with 60+% o-zone starts) is a huge waste of cap space.

Of course, players in the NHL are only paid for point production.:shakehead

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Eric Staal & Kris Versteeg for Plekanec, Hudon & a 2nd

How does that trade make any sense?

Staal is on pace for about 50 points and Plekanec 60. Isn't the point to add offense not reduce it?

Plus Hudon and 2nd for Verstieg is horrible.

Staal for a 2nd and a mid rounder or B prospect...plus they'd have to eat part of his salary(8.25 mil).

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Can't say I would be surprised if we landed Higgins. Granted, I think he's much better than this season has indicated, but he's also not a fit. The only spot Higgins actually helps is our PK. But hey, if we get him for stupidly cheap (salary held and/or a very late pick), I'm not going to complain. Why? Because if Bergevin is making a panic trade to keep Therrien alive, this won't hurt us, and only serves to tighten that noose.

Sword

May 26, 2014
You guys refer to MB as BargainBin, but suggest more useless trades. Let's trade Eller and DSP for more bottom 6 players. :shakehead

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
You guys refer to MB as BargainBin, but suggest more useless trades. Let's trade Eller and DSP for more bottom 6 players. :shakehead

Yup. Hoping the next bottom 6 will finally get more than 25 / 30 pts per season!

and why not have smaller players while at it!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
But ... but ... we're only in Year 4 of the 5-year plan. :help:

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I would take a case of gatorade and 2 composite sticks for DSP and it would be a fair trade. How does he have an NHL job? What does he do on the ice? I watch the games and I see nothing.

If I was the coach I would send him out as the 6th player and the refs would not even notice, yes he's just so easy to miss.:laugh:

lol. Nice. It's only funny cause it's true :(

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Eller would make an awesome 4th line C and there'd be no complaints other than about his Cap hit. Nobody would be expecting him to produce points when he's on the ice...

walsy37

Jul 12, 2006
Eller would make an awesome 4th line C and there'd be no complaints other than about his Cap hit. Nobody would be expecting him to produce points when he's on the ice...

No, fourth line players do not make 3.5 million and take up that much cap space.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I love trade talk (who doesn't love a good trade? as long as it works for us!, or for both teams), but...

We better get a couple of star UFAs on July 1st, 2016...5 1/2 months to go! (but time flies, so...).
(I like UFAs since we get to keep our prospects+picks...that's how we continue being good and getting better...UFAs are crucial/important, imo).

Those Hab ticket prices are ludicrous...Hab fans deserve some star UFAs. I'll be waiting for July 1st and will expect a lot.
(and I'm not against PTOs either!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad