Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 77

Status
Not open for further replies.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Yeah, this isn't accurate at all. Domi had just been put on the fourth line in the playoffs and his 70 point season looked like a fluke, which it was. He didn't look like a center anymore, he looked like the winger he was drafted as. He was 5 seasons removed from 13th OA (is that something that's even significant ? We're not talking about a top 3 pick).

Anderson was coming off a serious injury that left him looking like a shadow of himself. There were serious worries he wouldn't bounce back. But, he did. He paced for a 27 goal season the first year here and managed a good pace this year despite being on the worst team in the league. His value is higher now.

That's very subjective, all the left wing leaning posters always find excuses for their favourite players, it's easy to make the case he could rebound, didn't he perform well in the playoffs too at some point?

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022
Yeah, this isn't accurate at all. Domi had just been put on the fourth line in the playoffs and his 70 point season looked like a fluke, which it was. He didn't look like a center anymore, he looked like the winger he was drafted as. He was 5 seasons removed from 13th OA (is that something that's even significant ? We're not talking about a top 3 pick).

Anderson was coming off a serious injury that left him looking like a shadow of himself. There were serious worries he wouldn't bounce back. But, he did. He paced for a 27 goal season the first year here and managed a good pace this year despite being on the worst team in the league. His value is higher now.
Not only there were worries, but he wanted a long term contract or he'd go to free agency. I'm sure he'd have returned a better package if not for that. It was the same kind of risk that Carolina took on KK, potential hole in the cap for multiple seasons

Reactions: Andrei79

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Discard for Bedard

That’s the slogan for next years TDL “Discard for Bedard”

It has been decided

6kk9x0.jpg

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
That's very subjective, all the left wing leaning posters always find excuses for their favourite players, it's easy to make the case he could rebound, didn't he perform well in the playoffs too at some point?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean that left wing leaning poster thing, but whatever.

No, he did not perform well in the playoffs... are you not a Habs fan ?

Reactions: ginomini
Political

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I'm not sure I understand what you mean that left wing leaning poster thing, but whatever.

No, he did not perform well in the playoffs... are you not a Habs fan ?

I actually stoped watching the Habs after the Sergachev trade, so I skipped a beat. I was already pissed off when they traded Subban for Weber, getting Drouin was just too much. I had been waiting for Sergachev to magically drop around 10OV since april of his draft year, watching youtube videos about him, dreaming he would change the Habs. Anyway I started watching again during covid. I was so mad at Bergevin and at Molson too. Sorry about the left wing thing. (Mod)

Last edited by a moderator:

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Not surprising. He said he wanted to play for a big hockey market when in Columbus

There's been rumbles for a while about a toxic Winnipeg locker room with Scheiffle and Wheeler running Laine out of Winnipeg, Paul Maurice resigning "because the players needed a new voice", etc

Merci Saku

Sep 9, 2006
Longueuil, Québec
He has a decent shot and vision. Just enough skill to compliment top 6 players. His speed, size and defensive IQ are his main assets. People seem pretty down on him….
It’s the what have you done for me lately syndrome

He obviously have qualities, you can see flashes. Back in 2017, we knew he was a long term project,

The WJC MVP and his first game changed our perception of him

I see him taking the Ivan Barbashev trajectory

Reactions: Goalfield22

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Hoo boy, PLD available. dude lives in Mtl and wants to play in a big market. They're going to want something from the habs that hurts if HuGo asks about him. Getting him expedites rebuild but I find it hard to believe how they can keep caufield, suzuki and guhle out of any offer.

26th, 33rd, Romanov and a young, promising forward which we don't have outside of the two mentioned above.

If we flip picks, is there an elite winger available at 14?

suzuki - caufield
PLD - 14

Allowing jets to draft Wright or Cooley.

I know it won't happen, especially with draft here but it's an interesting thought ;)

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Hughes needs to inquire about Dubois.
Not worth it and doesn't fit our timeline. Wouldn't waste cap space and assets on Dubois when we have Suzuki+Wright down the middle.

Hoo boy, PLD available. dude lives in Mtl and wants to play in a big market. They're going to want something from the habs that hurts if HuGo asks about him. Getting him expedites rebuild but I find it hard to believe how they can keep caufield, suzuki and guhle out of any offer.

26th, 33rd, Romanov and a young, promising forward which we don't have outside of the two mentioned above.

suzuki - caufield
PLD - 14

I know it won't happen, especially with draft here but it's an interesting thought ;)
That would be awful for this franchise.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022

suzuki - caufield
PLD - 14

or just wait to sign him as UFA

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
If he hits free agency you’d have to think we’d be on the top of his list. Wants a big market and he’s a French Canadian. It could depend on if he sees himself as a Center or winger because with Suzuki and Wright plus potentially drafting one in 2023 there’s not much room. He’d look real good next to Suzuki and Caufield

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
There’s really no point in dealing with the Jets, unless it’s for pennies on the dollar. There’s been rumblings for a long time that PLD wanted to play in Montreal, and in 2 years all it will cost you is cap space. I wouldn’t move assets for him, he’s already basically said “I’m playing this contract our and then I’m heading home,” without putting it into words. Just keep doing what we’re doing here, clearing cap space and building a contender. PLD will be signing here as a UFA, you can book it and come back to it in 2024.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Again, I really think that what you're doing is treating all uncertainties/potentials as zero, and that's probabalistically irrational. There's a difference between having one lotto 6/49 ticket and having 13 million of them. If you have 13 million lotto 6/49 tickets, you expect a pay day.

For first rounders, even Bergevin was able to acquire two core players over eight years (Caulfield, Sergachev), with Guhle and Mailloux still uncertain. And on the trade market he acquired Petry, Danault, Anderson, and Suzuki, and on the UFA market he got Radulov and Toffoli. That's what a mediocre GM was able to do.

Reviewing the current situation:

Suzuki, Caulfield, Wright, Romanov are core players in my opinion. Romanov I expect to be second pair.

From {Calgary 1st, Florida 1st, 2023 1st, 1sts acquired for Petry, Anderson, Dvorak} we can expect 1 or 2 core players.

From all of the 2nd through 7th rounders of 2022 and 2023, we can expect 1 core player.

They should be able to acquire 1 core player from free agency/trades, which I think is quite conservative.

From {Guhle, Barron, Mailloux, Xhekaj, Primeau, Dobes, Roy, Farrel, Kidney, Kapanen, Touch, Mysak, Gorton, Ylonen, Harris, Poehling, Evans} we should expect two good players in my opinion.

That makes 10 good players.
I think you are pessimistic in your projections.
Looking at the way a lot of draftees played this season, the way they have dominated in their respective leagues , i think that Habs will get more than 2 good players. Also, a team doesn't need to get all players to be "core"player. Players as Evans, Pitlick, Byron, Anderson, Edmundson are good at their respective role even if they aren't elite.

Guhle , Baron, Harris, Roy, Ylönen, Farrel, Mysak are all interesting projects because of the kind of skills they get; good hockey IQ, good reading of the play. I wouln't be surprised if they all make the NHL ( not all with the Habs of course.) Then you add the Mailloux,Xhekaj, Dobes , Primeau, Struble...they aren't as sure shut , but some of them could also ends in the NHL

Reactions: DAChampion

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Yup Dubois would be nice but mostly depends on his contract. He doesn’t deserve close to 7 million and he will be a winger here.
If you get Dubois, you don't need Wright anymore, so you can pick Slafkovsky , Cooley or Nemec or trade down few ranks and take Lekkerimaki

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If you get Dubois, you don't need Wright anymore, so you can pick Slafkovsky , Cooley or Nemec or trade down few ranks and take Lekkerimaki
Wright will likely be better than Dubois. Dubois is wildly inconsistent and it’s already been twice now that he wants to quit on his team. If his contract is cheap AND his price is cheap, then he’d be a good winger next to Suzuki and CC.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Oh bloody heck, now the PLD stuff will add to our circus.

I give it to PLD that he has given the Jets the heads up. Good of him to do that. I could see a team that could use PLD and his 60 points right now for a Cup run trading for him and then seeing if he will sign long term after this season. For a team like that it may be worth the risk of him not resigning.

We aren't that team. Not interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad