Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I just puked , Guy Boucher wants to extend and keep Chariot for the kids
This guy wants to coach in the nhl. My god

It would be one thing if eddy were never coming back, but with him and Romanov taking 2 of our 3 LD spots keeping chiarot would completely block any LD we had coming up. I'm also sick of forcing young guys to play their off side. Put then in a position to succeed.

If we had some dinosaur like Boucher he would retain chiarot and run him with eddy, petry, and Savard as our top 4 for the next 2 years and the young guys would be "protected" from ever seeing the ice.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

If the younger and more talented (IMO) Edmundson is guaranteed to return at the same level of play as he had before his injury (ies), it's a no-brainer -- Bye-Bye Chiarotten, especially if we can pluck a late first round pick or, preferably, a solid prospect from some team in the process.

Given all we hear about lower back problems that could have Edmundson missing the entire season -- maybe more -- it's far from sure that the towering LHD (6'5') will return to form, if he does return.

In that context, I can understand why, as a coach, knowing a lot of youngsters will soon be joining Romanov on the D-squad (likely Harris as early as the start of next season and, maybe, Guhle by the trade deadline, if not Norlinder, if he has a good showing at training camp) Boucher would want a veteran D like Chiarot to mentor the kids and, perhaps, take care of the physical aspects of the game so the kids dont feel compelled to be enforcers when things risk getting out of hand.

Boucher is looking at things from a coaching angle, not from a GM's perspective and, unlike some fans, he has helped develop kids on their way to a Calder Cup. He might know a thing or two about the need for veterans to go along with the kids as they develop.

As fans, we just want to Stack the lineup with as much talent as possible as fast as possible. As a coach, he wants to develop the kids he will get as best as he can. Not at all the same concerns.

Statements like yours show why you're not coaching in the NHL and why Boucher might coach there again one day. Maybe, maybe not, but I'm pretty confident he knows more about properly developing kids than you do.

Just a hunch.

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
Ok, when we move on from Petry, whom assumes that role…. Even if he is playing horribly, those are big shows to fill. We don’t have a prospect that fits that profile ready to step into the nhl yet…. So where do you acquire one. Who has extra d prospects and could move one without hurting their lineup.

my vote is to try and get Justin Barron out of Colorado.. he checks some of the boxes . if Price wants out, structure a deal around him retaining 4 million and see what can be added on

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He speaks as though he’s coaching the team.

asks everyone why we’d want. To get ride of Lehkonen…..or any other valuable piece….well Guy, this is how you rebuild…..unless you want to keep this core and cross your fingers??

Thing is we can’t get rid of everyone as we have a cap floor to respect and if you want anything of value back you’re not gonna get it by trading Paquette and Kulak only….

This draft and the 23 draft are crucial for our future, we need a detailed plan and need to execute or we will swim in mediocrity for another decade.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
It would be one thing if eddy were never coming back, but with him and Romanov taking 2 of our 3 LD spots keeping chiarot would completely block any LD we had coming up. I'm also sick of forcing young guys to play their off side. Put then in a position to succeed.

If we had some dinosaur like Boucher he would retain chiarot and run him with eddy, petry, and Savard as our top 4 for the next 2 years and the young guys would be "protected" from ever seeing the ice.

Boucher the dinosaur may well have the communication skills that might make him a modern coach in Hughes' eyes.

I'm not advocating Boucher as the right option for head coach in Montreal, mind you, because he, s too conservative, IMHO and one of those D-first mentality coaches who, like too many coaches before him in Montreal, primarily relies on a counter-attacking style that generates offense from turnovers when his stem is properly applied.

Sound familiar; five man units in all three zones.

The only adapting that Boucher does do, however, is determine the amount of forwards on the forecheck and whether Ds can punch to support the rush based on the skill level of his roster.

Not much excitement from that pilot.

However, he's far from stupid the way some take pleasure in depicting him. It doesn't place those that do in the most positive light, IMHO (not aimed at you).

Reactions: Babyhockey

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Ok, when we move on from Petry, whom assumes that role…. Even if he is playing horribly, those are big shows to fill. We don’t have a prospect that fits that profile ready to step into the nhl yet…. So where do you acquire one. Who has extra d prospects and could move one without hurting their lineup.

my vote is to try and get Justin Barron out of Colorado.. he checks some of the boxes
One of the kids we have drafted or will acquire through trade.

What’s the purpose of keeping him….get us to another 8th place partication only to get ousted in the first round, and let’s repeat this till he has no value and we sit there with our collection of 15th to 20th overall picks

I like Schneider out of NYR

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary

What’s the purpose of keeping him….get us to another 8th place partication only to get ousted in the first round, and let’s repeat this till he has no value and we sit there with our 15th to 20th overall picks

I would have no intention of keeping a player who doesn't want to be there. I just am saying, who will inherit those minutes. We obviously don’t have anyone in the pipeline who fits the role. And drafting a kid, he won’t be in the nhl for another 3+ years

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I would have no intention of keeping a player who doesn't want to be there. I just am saying, who will inherit those minutes. We obviously don’t have anyone in the pipeline who fits the role. And drafting a kid, he won’t be in the nhl for another 3+ years
Whoever is next in Laval.
I’m not looking to win games so end results will be what will be….que sera sera lol

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia

team-america.gif

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
Whoever is next in Laval.
I’m not looking to win games so end results will be what will be….que sera sera lol
Like you said earlier, Schneider would be a nice pickup. Barron would be another. Erik Bannerstorm has played well of late, but I think the sens are showcasing him for a scoring forward

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is there a case to be made for the Habs to add a physical player or two who can actually play, with the way opposing teams have been taking liberties? How difficult might that be and who to target?

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

What’s the purpose of keeping him….get us to another 8th place partication only to get ousted in the first round, and let’s repeat this till he has no value and we sit there with our collection of 15th to 20th overall picks

I like Lundkvist

Mandalorian

Screw the tank, just WIN BABY!
Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free
Is there a case to be made for the Habs to add a physical player or two who can actually play, with the way opposing teams have been taking liberties? How difficult might that be and who to target?
Depends what you means by can play.

Nowaday you don't see a lot of top 6 forward who can seriously fight the best out there and be big hitters while producing enough to justify their top 6 role. Evander Kane kinda fitted that role, but I think I am one of the few here who still think he can be a useful player.

Nic Deslauries and MacDermied are both UFA this summer (both fought recently you should check it out, great fight) and could fill that 4th line enforcer role. I mean Colorado and Anaheim feel justified to have them most often than not on their line-up, so why not Montreal. Could offer the young players some protection.

Reactions: Gyfu and Runner77

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM

The guy I want is in the Florida Panthers system. And I see him as a future Josh Anderson type power forward. Serron Noel is 6’5 and 220lbs, has a terrific wrist shot and can really skate well. Plus he’s physical and can take care of business with his fists if necessary.

I think he could use another year in the AHL just for seasoning, but he has all the tools to be a dominant force in the NHL. I’d love to see him riding shotgun for Suzuki someday.

If the Panthers are as hard after Ben Chiarot as the rumours indicate, I’d want Noel coming back the other way in any deal. I’d propose something like:

To Florida - Ben Chiarot, 2022 3rd round pick

To Montreal - 2023 1st round pick, Sorren Noel.

Something around that kind of deal anyway, I think Noel will be a special player in the show.

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
Sokolov and Blais comes to mind. Good skating, big bodies, team first player that impose respect. Pez cant do everything alone.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Depends what you means by can play.

Nowaday you don't see a lot of top 6 forward who can seriously fight the best out there and be big hitters while producing enough to justify their top 6 role. Evander Kane kinda fitted that role, but I think I am one of the few here who still think he can be a useful player.

Nic Deslauries and MacDermied are both UFA this summer (both fought recently you should check it out, great fight) and could fill that 4th line enforcer role. I mean Colorado and Anaheim feel justified to have them most often than not on their line-up, so why not Montreal. Could offer the young players some protection.

I meant a middle six guy who has physical attributes. Don’t know how difficult it might be to land one.

Reactions: Mandalorian

Draft

Jan 23, 2013

Lawson Crouse is allegedly available. He's got a pretty clearly defined ceiling at this point, but huge, 24, LW, able to play special teams, and has enough skill to put up .5ppg. Really good long-term add in my opinion. From what I've read, a late first plus is the value.

Mandalorian

Screw the tank, just WIN BABY!
Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free
I meant a middle six guy who has physical attributes. Don’t know how difficult it might be to land one.
We could have picked Nathan Bastian on waivers, he was claimed by New Jersey this season (25 Nov., don't know if we had claim priority at this point in the season over them), 6'4, 205 pounds, 24 years old, he has 8 goals in 25 games with the Devils. Maybe Carrier in Vegas (lots of hits, big guy 6'2 212 pounds, 13 points in 36 games)? Their GM seems to be really active on the market, and he plays on their 4th line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad