Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I would LOVE Chychrun. I mean what we need are top pair D's and 1C. He would certainly fill a big need right away. One that we probably don't own now has Guhle and Romanov won't have his impact offensively. And i would easily use one of them or Caufield as the main piece without hesitation. The interesting thing is i think he fits whatever we choose to do : retool or rebuild.

The only thing i wouldn't trade for him is our 1st this year or next's. I would add a late 1st we'd get by trading Chiarot at the deadline. Would add 2 B prospect of Arizona's choice or a B prospect and our 2nd in 2023.

So my proposal would be :

Guhle
late 1st 2022 (obtained in Chiarot deadline deal)
2 of Poehling/mysak/Ylonen/Norlinder/harris/Tuch/2023 2nd

If it works, great. If not, that's ok too.

We then pick BPA with our top 5 pick this year, which will probably be a center or RHD anyways.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
according to NHL insider Elliotte Friedman, the Canadiens are in the mix to acquire Arizona Coyotes defenseman Jakob Chychrun.
The 23 year old has been placed on the trade block recently and he would be a perfect fit for the Canadiens rebuild.
He's signed through the 2024-24 season at a very affordable AAV of $4.6million.
The lefty led the league in goals for a defenseman last year and would give the Canadiens a huge boost on the powerplay that they've needed for years.
Jeff Gorton would likely have to find a way to acquire a couple of extra first round picks, which he can do by moving some of the Canadiens older players like Ben Chiarot or Tyler Toffoli at the trade deadline.
The Canadiens also have lots of defensive prospects in the pipeline and they wouldn't have to give up Kaiden Guhle.

Romanov, Guhle, Harris and Chychrun? Surely not

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
I think you can only retain 50% of the total annual salary. In Price’s case, that number would be 5 250 000$ maximum, which means another team could not retain as well, regardless of the amount.

I think it happened with Karlsson

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I think you can only retain 50% of the total annual salary. In Price’s case, that number would be 5 250 000$ maximum, which means another team could not retain as well, regardless of the amount.

It happened with Foligno and Savard last season:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So a late 1st round pick and 2 B level prospects for a #1 23 year old Dmen ? Yea Arizona laughs at this offer

Think more

Caufield +++

I don't care about the "hang up the phone" or "laughs at the offer" narratives. It's as deep as I would go and I probably wouldn't even make that trade.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
This would be the only package I would consider. We basically convert Chiarot, Harris, Norlinder into a proven top 4D at age 23 and you hope he re-signs after his current deal.

* The 1st we get from Chiarot
* Rights to Harris
* Norlinder
for
* Chychrun

Doesn't this hurt our rebuild cause our D is better? :dunno:. Not sure I would take the risk of him walking after his current deal. Imagine how deflating that would be. I pass

That's a terrible offer. There is no reason for Arizona to take this deal.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
If the Habs can make it work and Chychrun is as good as they say, Montreal should look at making a deal like this. He seems to be considered a prime piece. We're looking to draft players who may be as good as he appears to be years down the road. He's 23 and locked up long-term. It's a no brainer.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That's a terrible offer. There is no reason for Arizona to take this deal.

It's the only one I would consider and as deep as I would go. I'm not desperate to trade for Chychrun and I pass at this point in time. It wasn't really an offer, it was the highest I would go type narrative. I don't really care if they say no cause I probably consider that others will go deeper and I don't even make an offer.

Not sure you comprehended that post well.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
I guess a guy like Chychrun would cost at least something like

-Caufield
-A 2022 1st (not ours so we'd have to trade elsewhere for one)
-a good prospect (Guhle/Primeau)
-and more (2nd 2023, Lehkonen/Armia, an other prospect)

Even with that kind of offer there are surely better offers to me made from other teams.

Arizona have no reason to trade him unless they get a king's ransom, and many teams will be ready to pay it for a 1D not even in his prime.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I guess a guy like Chychrun would cost at least something like

-Caufield
-A 2022 1st (not ours so we'd have to trade elsewhere for one)
-a good prospect (Guhle/Primeau)
-and more (2nd 2023, Lehkonen/Armia, an other prospect)

Even with that kind of offer there are surely better offers to me made from other teams.

Arizona have no reason to trade him unless they get a king's ransom, and many teams will be ready to pay it for a 1D not even in his prime.
For a guy whose never played more than 58 games in any one season. I'll pass. And if that's the ask, he's not going anywhere.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
To do this right, itll take 4 years, incl this one. It all starts at trade deadline 2022
Nonsense...4 years?!

There's no reason it should take that long other than gross incompetence.

It's not an expansion team, he's not going to gut this roster and some of the "rebuild" work already began 3 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spring in Fialta

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Doubt we could be in the running for Chychrun.

It would cost a lot and so many other teams like the Kings and Edmonton could offer better packages.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Poor soul thinking this team will be competitive in 3 years or less
Poor soul thinking it takes 4 years to make a team competitive.

4 years lol.

See you in 2026-27?!! LMAO!!!

You guys are hilarious, you guys really think they're going to gut this roster and start over from scratch like they're an expansion team lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad