Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
edit: I FIND IT REALLY HARD TO GET ON BOARD WITH SOME OF YOUR OPINIONS. Here is a list of players who have found themselves in similar situations (hint: they aren't all millenials):

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/9-nhlers-who-famously-held-out-for-a-trade/

CLIFFS:

- Coffey 87-88 season
- Lindros 91 season
- Bure 98-99 season

etc..

Except none of these players wanted a trade because they weren't good enough to play top line minutes like Trouba's trade demand is about.

He can't crack top 4 so instead of trying to outplay Myers or Buff he gives up and wants a trade to another team that doesn't have as much competition. Not Coffee. Not Lindros. Not Bure. Etc.

That being said, hes a hell of a player. Just the sense of entitlement pisses me off a bit. I guess I'm getting old and becoming more of a crusty old man. ;)

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
People say this every year.

the difference is he's backed himself into a corner with the team doing so poorly last year and then moving a prime player for an older player, that along with just 2 more seasons of Price at least for now, I hope that he knows he's got to give up the assets like a 1st rounder and top prospects this time cause it's now or perhaps never if they can't re-sign Price. On the other hand there's the expansion draft and what impact it will have since you know you are going to lose one player for sure so it might not be the year to give up too much for a rental, or it may work in your favor as teams could panic in order to move someone they expect to lose for nothing. Interesting to see how it goes.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Would you trade Alex Galchenyuk for Leon Draisaitl?

I probably do it. Draisaitl will be a great player.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Maybe Bergervin calls Winnipeg and offer his GM buddy Cheveldayoff.

RD Jacob Trouba
for
LD Nathan Beaulieu
RW Sven Andrighetto
2nd round pick

Sergachev-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Trouba
Pateryn

WOW

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I mean Trouba would immediately request a trade out of here. He wants to be a top 4 RD. Winnipeg are playing him on the left side. If he comes here Petry's gotta go bye bye.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Would you trade Alex Galchenyuk for Leon Draisaitl?

I probably do it. Draisaitl will be a great player.

I wouldn't.

We know (do we really know yet? He's going to get better & better) what Galchenyuk can do in Montreal and thrive under pressure.

As much as Draisaitl is a fantastic player, I'd rather not take a chance on a new guy and not knowing how he'll react here. The difference between the two (if there's one) isn't a gamble I'm comfortable to take.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If Petry could play the left side effectively, I'd have zero issue dealing for Trouba.

Only issue would be cap as we'd have to clear DD or Emelin's salary to make room to sign him.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Maybe Bergervin calls Winnipeg and offer his GM buddy Cheveldayoff.

RD Jacob Trouba
for
LD Nathan Beaulieu
RW Sven Andrighetto
2nd round pick

Sergachev-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Trouba
Pateryn

WOW

Trouba wants out because he doesn't want to play on the 3rd D pairing... you put him on the 3rd D pairing.... :shakehead

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Reports out of Winnipeg are saying a big issue for Trouba was not wanting to play on the left side this year. With us he'd pretty much have to in order to get top 4 minutes, which makes us an even less likely destination. I'm still thinking he'll end up in Detroit, it makes a lot of sense for the Wings to go after him .

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Reports out of Winnipeg are saying a big issue for Trouba was not wanting to play on the left side this year. With us he'd pretty much have to in order to get top 4 minutes, which makes us an even less likely destination. I'm still thinking he'll end up in Detroit, it makes a lot of sense for the Wings to go after him .

Detroit have zero assets. Trouba isn't a scrub. Larkin is the only thing they have the Jets would want. Wings have legit 0 cap space too so would have to send a cap dump back which the Jets wouldn't want.

Maybe Larkin + Dekeyser for Trouba/Burmistrov. Even then Jets would have to move little at some point or move him to wing.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Does Detroit even have cap space after throwing money at Vanek and Nielsen this summer? I know they'll probably LTIR Franzen and Vitale, but would that really be enough depending on Trouba's ask? I guess it depends on what they send to Winnipeg. With Kronwall declining, dealing DeKeyser would hurt their left side but it may need to be done if they want him.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
They can built a trade around Tatar and Dekeyser as a starting point. The Wings do have some NHL ready prospects to sweeten the deal too (Pulkkinen, Athanasiou,Mantha,etc.). They could even take Pavelec off the Jets hands and do a goalie swap with Howard (Unlikely).

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They can built a trade around Tatar and Dekeyser as a starting point. The Wings do have some NHL ready prospects to sweeten the deal too (Pulkkinen, Athanasiou,Mantha,etc.). They could even take Pavelec off the Jets hands and do a goalie swap with Howard (Unlikely).

Winnipeg is pretty loaded on wing though and I doubt they want someone like Howard holding back Hellebuyck.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
report out of camp:
Different insiders and reporters have thrown around Nathan Beaulieu, Andrei Markov and Alexei Emelin as players who should start the season beside Weber, but everything points to Therrien trying something completely different.

This combination though, leaves a large hole in the second defensive pairing, as the next right hander on the depth chart is Greg Pateryn who isn't even guaranteed to make the team.

so if they are looking for a RH shot???? the peg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad