Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
There's no Trouba trade that makes any sense and honestly RD is not a need for us. If we're going to be moving the kind of assets it would take to get a player of Trouba's stature it should be a young LD, C, or LW.

axman88

Apr 5, 2007
There's no Trouba trade that makes any sense and honestly RD is not a need for us. If we're going to be moving the kind of assets it would take to get a player of Trouba's stature it should be a young LD, C, or LW.

Does Truba have a lot more upside than Beaulieu? From what I saw last night, Beaulieu played like the player he was hyped up to be when he was drafted. I'd rather keep our defense the way it is and improve our top 6...maybe kucherov or johnny hockey :p

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
If Petry can play his off-side, adding Trouba would be amazing:

Trouba for Beaulieu +

Petry-Weber
Markov-Trouba
Emelin-Pateryn

Next season (or following):

Petry-Weber
Sergachev-Trouba
Emelin-Juulsen

:naughty:

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Winnipeg is arguably the strongest team in the league on LW. ZERO need for a LW or a RD.

Besides, Patches is worth WAAAAAAAAAY more than Trouba.

Really? I mean they have some nice young pieces there (Ehlers, Connor, Petan) but I'd hardly call it the strongest in the league.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

I thought he's RW?

In any case, it is a group of prospects/young players. I would not call it the strongest in the league even if you include Laine (though it very well could be in a year or two).

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I thought he's RW?

In any case, it is a group of prospects/young players. I would not call it the strongest in the league even if you include Laine (though it very well could be in a year or two).

I would say they are strong, definately not strongest, but their wings are very solid.

The value of Pacioretty is far above Trouba.

Trouba for Beaulieu + would make sense (from both sides I think)

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I thought he's RW?

They have him slotted at LW.

Ehlers
Laine
Conner

You're right though. It's not the best right now but it's absolutely a position of great depth and cheap young talent. They will be likely be one of the best LW group for the next few years to come.

Doesn't change that they don't need Patches when they can use Trouba to address a position of weakness and he's still worth much more than Trouba. Think about it. He's an established 30-40 goal scorer entering his prime making $4.5MM per year. Trouba can't even crack into the top 2 pairings on RD behind Buff and Myers on his own team.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Does Truba have a lot more upside than Beaulieu? From what I saw last night, Beaulieu played like the player he was hyped up to be when he was drafted. I'd rather keep our defense the way it is and improve our top 6...maybe kucherov or johnny hockey :p

My question as well.

How much more upside does Trouba have than Beau? Doesn't seem like he is tearing it up in WPG, and from his stats he hasn't shown to have a huge offensive game.

Fans always want every young player. We have our own young players lets give them a chance since the team has invested lots of time and assets in them.

Jul 6, 2016
Please, no Trouba. A 22 y old guy demanding to play top minutes on his side and demanding a trade... No way Habs should touch that.

But I am kind of worried that Petry might have to play left side. What does it mean ? Beaulieu on the market ? Or a leftie will have to play on right side ?

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
My question as well.

How much more upside does Trouba have than Beau? Doesn't seem like he is tearing it up in WPG, and from his stats he hasn't shown to have a huge offensive game.

Fans always want every young player. We have our own young players lets give them a chance since the team has invested lots of time and assets in them.

You cannot judge a player just looking at his stats. Jacob Trouba isn't a PK Subban or Erik Karlsson nor Drew Doughty. Jacob Trouba is a big defenseman that can play big minutes. He skates very well for a big guy and is solid defensively. He's got potential to be a top 3 defenseman. I would compare Trouba to a young Brent Seabrook.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Anahein are in cap hell, MTL should try to get Fowler for a draft pick + Hudon/Ghetto/Carr.

I don't know if we would have enough $$$ once we send Condon + Matteau + Redmond to the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad