HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Dorofeyev won't be available. The rest are of no use. I'd rather get a Rempe to play on the 4th line and beat the crap out of anyone who looks sideways at any of the Habs top players.
Chatfield would instantly become our best/2nd best RD and a top 4 D for us. I'm not sure how you qualify this as useless. Poulin and Dellandrea are shot in the dark at potential for the bottom 6, they'd be extremely cheap and have good upside. Blais would be a fair addition to a 4th line, something the Habs need.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Chatfield would instantly become our best/2nd best RD and a top 4 D for us. I'm not sure how you qualify this as useless. Poulin and Dellandrea are shot in the dark at potential for the bottom 6, they'd be extremely cheap and have good upside. Blais would be a fair addition to a 4th line, something the Habs need.
Don't need 4th liners unless they can fight. They have prospects who can fill those roles. Chatfield on a relativwly cheap contract wouldn't hurt They can then hopefully move him in a couple of years when he isn't needed.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Don't need 4th liners unless they can fight. They have prospects who can fill those roles. Chatfield on a relativwly cheap contract wouldn't hurt They can then hopefully move him in a couple of years when he isn't needed.
Both Blais and Poulin can fight and provide a physical presence. The players we have in the bottom 6 currently do not fight, play physical, defensively or offensively. If either hit, it's an upgrade, if they don't, you're in the same spot.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
What is the point? This summer is not Ufa summer. Signing march to a long expensive contract would be idiotic. Pj
No...it time to take the next step and like I said if its a reasonable deal then its smart to add a 30+ goal guy especially if you dont have to give any assets for him.....

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Both Blais and Poulin can fight and provide a physical presence. The players we have in the bottom 6 currently do not fight, play physical, defensively or offensively. If either hit, it's an upgrade, if they don't, you're in the same spot.
No, they can't

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I can’t say I’ve seen a lot of Chatfield, but he’s at 15:12 ATOI for the year and has been a healthy scratch at times. Carolina has a very solid defence corps, but I’d be concerned as to whether he’s just a guy that looks good in limited minutes. What kind of contract are you thinking and is it worth adding to the logjam?

Reactions: Michoulicious

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I can’t say I’ve seen a lot of Chatfield, but he’s at 15:12 ATOI for the year and has been a healthy scratch at times. Carolina has a very solid defence corps, but I’d be concerned as to whether he’s just a guy that looks good in limited minutes. What kind of contract are you thinking and is it worth adding to the logjam?
He's a RD, so the logjam isn't existent. Well, I guess it makes the LD logjam worse but it is what it is, I don't want Guhle on the right side. Of course he's a depth D, he's not some kind of hidden gem that will transform the roster but he does provide all the tools we need for now. He'd strengthen the RD for sure, and push comes to shove, we can just move on from Kovacevic, because he's an upgrade on JoKo. That would hinge on Barron, Mailloux or Reinbacher to be ready for prime time, and I don't think they are.

He's definitely a gamble to take and he wouldn't be my first choice, I'd go for Roy or a few others before him, but he would be cheaper, I think. I'm assuming anything for 2 to 4 depending on years ? Over 3.5 is rich but hey.

Reactions: Draft

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I would maybe sign Alexandre Carrier to prepare for the inevitable departure of Savard. I think he’d be a good fit with Guhle, and help fill the void of veteran leadership that will go with Savard.

Reactions: Takeru and Draft

Canadiens98

Jan 29, 2021
If LA crashes out against EDM again, and PLD doesn't produce, their management will be under serious pressure to unload him. I can see a scenario where habs trade Anderson and Gallagher for PLD straight up.
I genuinely think both teams would say no to that deal

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
If LA crashes out against EDM again, and PLD doesn't produce, their management will be under serious pressure to unload him. I can see a scenario where habs trade Anderson and Gallagher for PLD straight up.
PLD has been a problem in the dressing room in three different organizations. We wouldn’t touch him with a ten foot stick. It goes against what Hughes is trying to build here.

Reactions: BLONG7

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah because if I’m a team unloading a bad player, the first thing I want is two bad players in return.
Anderson’s contract expires in 2027.
Gallagher’s ends in 2027.
PLD’s deal finishes in 2031.

I would rather keep Gallagher and Anderson and attempt buyouts/ trades as their deals are winding down.

If PLD can’t produce now, how bad will he get during those 4 extra years on his contract?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Anderson’s contract expires in 2027.
Gallagher’s ends in 2027.
PLD’s deal finishes in 2031.

I would rather keep Gallagher and Anderson and attempt buyouts/ trades as their deals are winding down.

If PLD can’t produce now, how bad will he get during those 4 extra years on his contract?
Or you just stay patient. Lots of players have subpar first seasons with new teams. I think their best bet is to just hope he bounces back

Reactions: Rozz and bsl

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Or you just stay patient. Lots of players have subpar first seasons with new teams. I think their best bet is to just hope he bounces back
From the Kings’ perspective, that’s what they should do or risk compounding their error.

I don’t like the odds of that for an acquiring team. Hope is not what you’d want to bet on when it comes to such a high cap hit. Much easier to find exit scenarios on shorter term, lower cap hit players.

I can’t believe we’re still discussing PLD. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: bsl and le_sean

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Why unload Gallagher? He is fine as a bottom 6 player for now, buy out the last year when we get there.
I think Gallagher really has to sit/be rested and then down the stretch/playoffs he can be an asset as an energy player. If he can have the humility to be sitting in the press box so the team can be better overall, I'm all for keeping him.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I think Gallagher really has to sit/be rested and then down the stretch/playoffs he can be an asset as an energy player. If he can have the humility to be sitting in the press box so the team can be better overall, I'm all for keeping him.

Not so sure, I feel like he's starting to understand how to play at his new (slow) speed at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad