Vancouver gets a rugged second line center
Swap of 2 bad contracts fit each team's needs
To Bos
- L. Ericksonn
To Van
- D. Backes

Thoughts?
Pretty loose definition of rivals.

But this is terrible for Boston. Eriksson has an extra year on his deal and Backes has been more productive.
Backes won't waive for Vancouver
Backes loves Vancouver, but I agree that he isn't likely to waive for a rebuilding team.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Pretty loose definition of rivals.

But this is terrible for Boston. Eriksson has an extra year on his deal and Backes has been more productive.

Backes loves Vancouver, but I agree that he isn't likely to waive for a rebuilding team.
How do u know backes loves Vancouver?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
How do u know backes loves Vancouver?
It's just something I remember him mentioning a few times when he was with the Blues, that he loves the city, favourite away city to play in, etc. That and he signed an offer sheet with the Canucks, so it isn't like he'd never consider it.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Would rather keep Backes.

One less year on the contract is a pretty big deal.

And not that it matters much, but Backes is the better player at this point.

Yes Loui had a good season with Krejci, but in an ideal world neither are going to play with Krejci.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
after 7 years, they are still fierce rivals?
dam son...

tenor.gif

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
1. These teams are not rivals.

2. Backes outscored Eriksson this season while returning 4 weeks early after having colon surgery and having a leg laceration later in the season.

3. What makes you believe the Eriksson (23pts) of now would be a good fit to play in Boston's top 6? The Bruins don't need another winger for Krejci with the young guys battling for spots next season so they don't do the deal based on "past chemistry." The Bruins want to get quicker not slower, and that spot is better used for one of the younger guys over a veteran who has fallen off.

4. The Bruins let Eriksson go and signed Backes the following year. Why would the Bruins trade a player they signed for a player they didn't want to?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Rivals? Because they played in the Finals seven years ago Does this mean the Hawks and Flyers are rivals too?

Can Boston afford Loui?

trust me Vancouver react when theres any thing going on about boston... and as far as we are concerned... we rank them and their fan base and their media as one of the 5 worst in the nhl. there is a lot of satisfaction on our part when we can stomp them

as far as rivals go... Vancouver/boston is a big one for both fan base.

but... Vancouver hired jim benning to manage them... and he is good friends with bostons management people... I don't believe there is any rivalary at the management level or ownership level.

theres really nothing stopping a trade from going down. fan opinion doesn't matter much when it comes to trades like this

as for the trade it just doesn't work contract wise for boston... that extra year of ntc... that extra year of 6 mill cap hit... all that signing bonus making a buyout so difficult...

I could easier see a trade between Edmonton and Vancouver moving lucic for Eriksson if the 2 guys need a change in scenery. move Eriksson to the team that needs more skill on the wing. bring lucic home and hope his pride kicks in and he makes a better effort to be physical in front of the home town fans

don't see boston being involved here though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad