Confirmed with Link: [Trade] Peter Regin and Pierre-Marc Bouchard to Chicago for a 2014 4th-round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
So we replace Pirri (6 g, 5 a, +6 in 28 games) with a guy with 2 goals, 5 assists, -10 in 44 games???

As recently as the media availability post-morning skate today, Q was talking about giving Pirri power play minutes.

And now he's sent back to Rockford?

1. Wish Pirri was still up with the big club.

2. If we're still allowed to talk about +/- it is worth noting Hawks are +46 on the year and Islanders are -33 on the year.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I don't see how anyone can have a problem with this. The Hawks gave up almost nothing here, and this is the type of depth move Bowman is known for. Regin or PMB could be useful in the playoffs, much like Handzus last year.

monochrome

Mar 11, 2013
NJ/IL
The only saving grace is that the Hawks gave up pretty much nothing in either trade so even if this one goes bust like that one did its no big deal.

This is why I'm not angry about it. Mostly indifferent. The only thing im a little confused about is why we are intending on taking on the cap hit, however small--since we have 0 space.

I could be wrong but I'm thinking we are now done until the offseason.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
.... are people seriously upset at this from the Hawks angle beyond Pirri being sent down? Gave up next to nothing for an NHL depth guy and an addition to Rockford's roster.

This is an "oh look, a trade happened... hey, what's for dinner?" moment. Nothing to get ecstatic over, nothing to get upset at either.

Best case scenario, Regin stays up in the NHL and compliments the team and we even see Bouchard at some point as well. Worst case scenario..... nothing happens, they walk at the end of the year, and it cost us a draft pick that's essentially a crapshoot.

Not going to pump Bowman's tires over this, but not going to waste time pretending that this angers me.

Madhouse Mafia

Feb 21, 2012
Northern MN
Haven't really looked at their stats for 13-14 but is Bouchard really toast? I used to casually follow the wild and he is/was pretty decent. If he could still play at 80% of that I would think this is a damn good trade with the exception of it possibly preventing us from seeing Pirri later on..

Nothingman*

I am more confused over it than anything. And.....people on HFoften overvalue picks over NHL players. We are trading prospects anyhow this off season so the pick is not a loss at all.

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
.... are people seriously upset at this from the Hawks angle beyond Pirri being sent down? Gave up next to nothing for an NHL depth guy and an addition to Rockford's roster.

I'm not upset just bewildered. I understand the idea of buying low and that the Hawks gave up nothing, but I just don't get why Regin. He doesn't help on faceoffs, he is average defensively, and isn't phsyical or particularly athletic where you can say he brings something to the lineup. Just seems to be a guy.

Madhouse Mafia

Feb 21, 2012
Northern MN
Uhh never mind. Just checked PMB on hockey-reference. Yeah, he's toast. Nice depth move. Really stinks if Pirri is gonna spend significant time in Rockford.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Confirmed it here... players with NMCs can choose to be moved... it is just a form of protection against UNWANTED transactions... it is not a magic spell to bind them forever to their team... but you would know that if you had watched a game before the Hawks won a Cup this decade...

Which is basically a moot point for a guy at the end of his career, on the Cup Champions, and with the team poised to make another run at it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
PMB had sick hands before his brain got scrambled. Regin is meh. I remember he scored a pretty slick goal against us several years ago.

His hands were never his problem and still aren't. His problems.. LONG before he ever had any concussion issues, and only got amplified after, he's a one dimensional timid perimeter player with very low situational awareness.

He was never very good at creating scoring chances, but was at times the beneficiary of other more dangerous players creating their own chances.

LandofLincoln*

This is an "oh look, a trade happened... hey, what's for dinner?" moment. Nothing to get ecstatic over, nothing to get upset at either.

Best case scenario, Regin stays up in the NHL and compliments the team and we even see Bouchard at some point as well. Worst case scenario..... nothing happens, they walk at the end of the year, and it cost us a draft pick that's essentially a crapshoot.

Not going to pump Bowman's tires over this, but not going to waste time pretending that this angers me.

If anything it could get Rockford over the hump and into the playoffs if they are tuning things up for a few games in the AHL.

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
So we replace Pirri (6 g, 5 a, +6 in 28 games) with a guy with 2 goals, 5 assists, -10 in 44 games???

As recently as the media availability post-morning skate today, Q was talking about giving Pirri power play minutes.

And now he's sent back to Rockford?

Pirri also has 0 goals and 0 assists in last 12 games he played for Hawks...Exactly, he scored those 11 pts in 8 games between Oct 17th and Nov 17th.Last game he scored a points was on November 17th 2013, since then he played another 12 games with Hawks with zero production.

I think it's also not fair to compare stats of Pirri who mostly centered best NHL RW in the best offensive team with stats of guy who skates for 2nd worst EC team.

Last edited:

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
not to mention that Regin isn't a throw in or sucks. He was the main piece coming to us. I don't expect us to make more trades.

Kostka and Brookbank will stay. Not much more Cap Space unless we lose a player for the season and put him on LTIR

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Pirri also has 0 goals and 0 assists in last 12 games he played for Hawks...Exactly, he scored those 11 pts in 8 games between Oct 17th and Nov 17th.Last game he scored a points was on November 17th 2013, since then he played another 12 games with Hawks with zero production.

I think it's also not fair to compare stats of Pirri who mostly centered best NHL RW in the best offensive team with stats of guy who skates for 2nd worst EC team.

That's why Pirri should have stayed up and played significant minutes the whole time, to see what he really has. Now we're dicking around at the trade deadline for players worse than he Pirri has shown.

For anyone who still wishes to know "how is Q wrecking this kid?" there's your answer.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
His hands were never his problem and still aren't. His problems.. LONG before he ever had any concussion issues, and only got amplified after, he's a one dimensional timid perimeter player with very low situational awareness.

He was never very good at creating scoring chances, but was at times the beneficiary of other more dangerous players creating their own chances.

Replace the concussion part with a different but quite severe injury, and that sounds oh so familiar ....

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
I don't think they could risk keeping Pirri up. I like the move for depth. Seems like sound asset management to me, NYI seems to have needed the contract slots if they were tossing the players away at limited salary. Maybe they help, maybe they don't, but it's a cost effective attempt to address the need and I don't have a problem with that. I'm more enthused about this move than I was with the Handzus pickup even though I'm not sure what the plan is for either.

If Q doesn't like either one, they won't play and it will only cost a pick well outside of the top 100.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
PMB intrigues me more than Regin but at the end of the day, let's see how both guys look here. We didn't lose anything and both can be stowed away as depth if something better comes along. Wish we had never signed Khaby, would have had some more space right now.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well...Regin can play C or W...while not good in the dot..they guy has one very distinct advsnyage over Pirri...a better skater...as for the -10...that orobably goes to positive on the Hawks... Both Regin and Bouchard once looked to be good nhlers a few years back...if eother one succreds as a reclamation success in the Q system with the Hawk, then the cheap costof a dingle 4th was worth it.. Look at it this way..they have 22 games left after the break...TT probably not available depending on how far Jokerit goes in Liiga playoffs. ..till only final few games..So Stan needs to try something to find 2C he is happy with till then..but if either work out in the role then no need to put pressire on TT and they can adjust him in next year. So Stan figures he hets a 2 chance for one of the two to emerge to get that 2C spot solved for now..Regin can play wing too do you have flexibility in case of injury to a winger.Neither are physical and Bouchard is a shrimp. .but both can skate and both IF. ..and it is an IF...they can re-find top form of a few years ago with a top team like the Hawks and be more motivated given opportunity with a Cup contender...then that 4th rounder is small potatoes to give up for either or both of them. Only time will tell if either pan out in Chicago...so we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad