Trade Mark Stone for Tyler Seguin?

acfurino

May 4, 2010
Would really appreciate you guys weighing in on this potential trade... who is the better player in a keeper league and why? Thanks

20 team keeper league I’m in win now mode
G, A, P, PPP, Hits, GWG

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I prefer Seguin. I dont like whats going on in Ottawa and i really dont know what type of points Stone will put up this season(especially if EK is dealt)...where as its pretty much a guarentee Seguin puts up 75ish or more.

I actually think this season Seguin will have a career year and put up better totals than his previous high of 84 points.

BlackEye from Xhekaj

Mar 11, 2011
I like Seguin here. Ottawa is a dumpster fire, and although Duchene/Stone will be playing a ton (Seguin/Stone both playing for new contracts).. Seguin had the supporting cast to keep him in the league's elite. Stone is more so in the league's very good.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Seguin all day long ; Stone cant seem to stay healthy during fantasy league playoff crunch time and as the other poster mention theres probably anywhere from a 15 to 20 point gap between their point totals

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
I'll also back the Seguin bandwagon, just because of the heavy talent pool around him on the top 6 in Dallas.

Benn - Seguin - xx
Or
Xx - Seguin - Radulov

Is a more favourable line combo to bet on for production over

Xx - Duchene - Stone
Or
Xx - Brown/White/JG Pageau - Stone

Ottawa just doesn't have the same caliber of supporting players around Stone in the top 6 unless you're willing to bank on multiple rookies seizing top 6 roles and excelling.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Not to mention Stars just hired a deadly coach that will bring excitement back to the team. I am expecting high point totals from Stars big guns this season

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Seguin for sure unless it's a cap league. The Stars have one of the better lines in the league if they keep Benn/Seguin/Radulov together. Plus, they have Klingberg on the back end to help on the power play. Seguin should be a point per game guy at minimum, while I don't see Stone cracking 60 points on that terrible Ottawa team.

TheSix34

Jul 23, 2018
Stone is a great player but it’s Seguin for me, he’s on another level regardless if EK stays or anything else.

Steveshutt

Sep 22, 2007
Odd question. Seguin, obviously. Stay away from anything Ottawa is the advice I've given myself (along with Montreal).

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Love Stone but unless your league counts takeaways, his injury risk and team situation around him makes it hard to compete with what Seguin brings on a consistent basis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad