Speculation: Trade Jam Going to Open?

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Fox I see signing after this NCAA season. Harvard's going to have a strong team by all indications, and he'll probably be able to jump right to the Canes after the season ends. Faulk can be moved out at the deadline or, if the Canes are solidly in playoff position, before the draft to make room. And it's likely preferable for Fox to take this route as well, kills a year of his ELC in the process.

Has there been any indication that fox intends to sign with Carolina or is he still debating staying an extra year and testing free agency? Was it just about being on the east coast for him?

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Issue is price you have to pay to get these players. Teams want to acquire them but are hesitant to trade the futures and prospects it will take to acquire the piece that improves their team. Time will tell but I don't expect a open flood gate. Trades are not easy to negotiate, nobody wants to lose a trade.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
after signing lehner the isles aren't gonna give up assets for anderson
Agreed. With 2 yrs/ $9.4m left on Anderson's contract, the most I would give up would be a straight swap of Griess for Anderson.

Saves the Sens almost $3m.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Pickard and Sparks both require waivers. Still may have to see a few other goalies go off the board until they are dealt. Unless a team really sees them as being a potential significant goalie for them.

I am sure the following guys could be had for $1-1.5M

PLAYERAGE
1. Kari Lehtonen34
2. Steve Mason30
3. Ondrej Pavelec30
4. Jeff Zatkoff31
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
The consensus seems to be that the Jackets will start the season with Panarin.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
It's like the bank canceled the credit cards. No wait, that's wrong. Maybe constipation.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Pickard to EDM? What The Fudsicles! We have three goalies already. And Panarin is too costly for the Oil (no cap space).

Panarin (in best Russian accent):
I want to play in big city, big light. Ranger, Chicago or LA.

Agent:
Well my friend, I've got something even more exciting for you. Have you heard of Edmonton? City of Champs? Look, I know you were born in 91, and you only know them as a bit of a dud, but hey, McDavid.

Panarin:

member 147413

2 of Sparks/Pickard/Mcelhinney should be on the move.

None of whom I would want playing 20 or more games for my team.

1 (maybe 2) of Hainsey/Gardiner/Zaitsev could be on the move imo.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
My magic 8 ball says: Yes

I'd say:
Panarin to EDM
Karlsson to VGK
Pacioretty departs as UFA
Faulk to PIT
Skinner to COL
Pickard to EDM
Anderson to NYI

May I ask why the Oilers need another goalie?
Talbot, montoya and Koskinen?
Why panarin as well? ..?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
pretty much every significant Free Agent has signed with the exception of Patrick Maroon. However it feels like several potential trades are still likely to happen. Are we going to see the logjam of the trade market open up shortly?

- Erik Karlsson (potentially with Bobby Ryan)
- Max Pacioretty
- Justin Faulk
- Jeff Skinner
- Artemi Panarin
- Garrett Sparks/Calvin Pickard
- Craig Anderson

There’s obviously quite a few of significant RFA’s unsigned as well that could potentially hit the trade market as well.

I see other trades happening that don’t involve people in this list.

Fir example...say vegas signs Karlsson and gives up future picks and players not part of their top 9F/4D. Given they saw 2 of their wingers walk they might look at trading one these extra Dmen for a similar age winger.

Players not moved with 1 yr before free agency probably aren’t moved till November-February..

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
My magic 8 ball says: Yes

I'd say:
Panarin to EDM
Karlsson to VGK
Pacioretty departs as UFA
Faulk to PIT
Skinner to COL
Pickard to EDM
Anderson to NYI

If this happens then its Pacioretty to Dallas

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
I don't think we're going to see as many trades as we think. I think we'll hear a lot of, "We had discussions with a few teams but couldn't find the right value".

Reactions: MinJaBen

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
I predict Faulk for Patches.

Unless the Habs can move Webber first, I predict you're wrong.
...and hopefully, Bergevin is quietly realizing (or being forced to by the owner, which I doubt) that this team needs a rebuild.
Prospects and picks, Marc. That's your mantra.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
just a matter of time, though I wouldn't be shocked if it's TVR rather then Faulk that's moved out, especially if the Canes can get a mid 20s Quad A type goalie + a pick just in case one of Mrazek or Darling is struggling out of camp.

G Anton Forsberg + 7th for TVR

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad