Proposal: trade idea with nashville

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
Long time reader, first time poster and a redwings fan out of st.louis

I've been reading so many lopsided trades lately it's starting to get me sick, but trying to find a decent trade is pretty tough.

so many variables to account for.

so i'll throw one out there on here first to "test the waters" so to speak, after scanning teams i think i may of found one, now i know detroit is wanting a top tier defensemen by offering a package of tatar/nyquist plus throw-in's like jurco and pulky

how about a trade with the preds involving nyquist for ryan ellis

former 1st round pick, relatively cheap, right handed shot, good IQ, hard shot, young (25) and i think he could be had for the right package and would help us out on the powerplay.

would they bite ?

after looking at that team i think nyquist could fit pretty well there.

or is ellis not enough of an upgrade ?

what do you think gents

spiller19

Sep 23, 2013
After moving Jones I have a hard time seeing Nashville move any of their top 4 until some of their D prospects are ready to jump in to the league

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
yes i know fowler would be easier, i was just thinking of other possible options on top of the fowler trade. he may not be as pretty as an option sure, but i think he fits the bill on what it is we should be looking for.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
After moving Jones I have a hard time seeing Nashville move any of their top 4 until some of their D prospects are ready to jump in to the league

The expansion draft says hello. Ellis is Nashville's 4th best defenseman.

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
Exactly, i don't think nashville will protect him, obviously fowler would be plan A, but i believe ellis would be a nice plan B. I just don't see too many teams willing to give up a top 4 d man.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I would consider Ellis if the price is right. Face it, the market for good young available defensemen is really, really thin.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
The expansion draft says hello. Ellis is Nashville's 4th best defenseman.

Nashville will protect him. Poile has worked too hard to get this D on long term affordable contracts. They will give up Jarnkrok or Wilson before Ellis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad