Proposal: Trade for Cam Fowler

Status
Not open for further replies.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Given that we couldn't make an acceptable offer on Fowler, I have doubts that we'd be able to make one on Lindholm.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
So Lindholm is apparently semi- available now. What about something like: Dekeyser+AA/Mantha/Nyquist/Tatar+a second. Would Anaheim listen to an offer like that?

If you want to include a pick for a guy like Lindholm, it is a first. That is quickly becoming a pet peeve of mine looking at trade proposals. Seconds have approx. zero value in a deal like that.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Which is why the post said start with Larkin and keep adding.

While I'm perfectly happy to trade obnoxious snark, "doesn't touch" should've suggested that I don't believe "keep adding" works.

Well that's why i said Larkin++ I'm pretty sure that Larkin+Mantha/AA+Detroit's 2017 1st round pick would at least get Bob Murray listening to Holland for Lindholm though it doesn't help us cap wise so it would be a no go right there.

Why would they do that? They'd be trading off their ability to compete with Getzlaf and Perry for some 'maybes' and 'not worth squats' in the future. With Lindholm, that 2017 1st is likely a late one. Mantha and AA have relatively little value to anyone other than us. Larkin doesn't rate. Tatar is nice, but not close on value. Nyquist probably costs too much. *shrug* We don't have the parts for that kind of move.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

That's fine.

"I’m going to do the best I can to give this group one more shot at it," Murray said. "And I’m going to do everything in my power to keep it that way."

That leaves Fowler as the likely odd-man out next year, especially with Anaheim's D prospects blossoming. And Trouba, if he's signed by Winnipeg, is likely only taking a 1 year deal. Adding a top four Michigan D for the opening of the new arena would be a nice little PR gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad